A Misluck's normal day.

A Misluck's normal day.

A Chapter by JAW
"

Normal is sometimes never normal, especially when you are curse.

"

"James!" a young kid screams in terror, dropping his books, unable to feel his fingers. He forces his trembling hands over his mouth to hold back his screams of horror. He didn't want to scare James more than he probably already did. "Oh, my God! Are you okay?" he whispers, sobbing into his hands.

James squeezes his eyes tighter, trying to zone out the kid's earsplitting screams. His several attempts were useless as the boy's voice is impossible to ignore. He grunts painfully as he slowly peels the frozen flesh along his arms off the frost cover concrete pavement, he ignores his muscles as they scream in agony while he continues to lift them higher in the autumn cold air. He shoves his hands harshly against his skull in an attempt to silence the disturbing child's voice.

"Stop," James tries to scream, but no sound came out, nothing but a puff of warm air. Opening his eyes, a crack, he struggles to focus his vision on the screaming child. To his surprise, he spots a young boy around his age, sitting on the bottom of the concrete steps. Tears raining off the tip of his chin with all his books scatter along his legs. Homework and tests are flapping around in the breeze. Who is this kid? James wonders, trying to think through his excruciating headache. He gulps nervously with the sensation of heat, stretching across his face with every inch the teen crawls closer to his frozen body. However, for some strange reason, he suddenly stops a couple of feet away from him, James wonder; It looks like... he is afraid of me. Staring at the scared kid, he spots his blond hair whipping around in the wind, slightly covering his gentle sapphire blue eyes. Those eyes. I know those eyes from somewhere, James believes. Blinking in disbelief as the screeching suddenly stop, he struggles to pry off his hands from his skull and rest them gently on the concrete floor below. He closes his eyes, savoring the peace and quiet, not knowing how long it is going to last.

"James, I am here," the boy yelps, cutting through the peaceful silence.

James slams his teeth together, grinding them as hard as he can. Opening his eyes wide, he curses under his breath, wishing he could leave from this infuriating noise.

"I need to leave," he hisses as he tries to lift his body off the frozen ground in an attempt to crawl away. However, his body had other plans. He watches in horror as his arms grow weaker and weaker. Finally, giving out, causing him to smack the back of his head and spine roughly on top of the frozen ground. He whimpers under his breath, feeling moisture leaking from his eyes. Sniffling quietly, he closes his eyes, letting his tears flow freely. Refusing to accept defeat, he manages to lift himself up one last time. With his eyes on the goal, he ignores his muscles screaming, which seemed to grow louder with every move. "Move please," he begs, sensing his arms not being able to handle any more weight. Collasping back on the hard cerment, James grumbles,"This sucks," How can I get away from him if I can't even get up? He wonders. Feeling defenseless, he listens carefully to the thick fabric dragging across the pavement. It grows louder and louder against his ringing ears. James sighs with defeat, sensing his sore muscles tensing up, as an unusual source of heat hovers over his battered skull. Listening silently to the nervous breathing in the wind, he chuckles under his breath, "No use trying." he smiles one last time before letting his heavy eyelids fall once again, welcoming the darkness with open arms. 



© 2016 JAW


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on March 31, 2016
Last Updated on March 31, 2016


Author

JAW
JAW

PA



About
Hello, My name is JAW and I very much enjoy writing and illustrating. I am currently working on my first book; The Misluck Curse and it is almost done. I just hope people will enjoy my work for years .. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5