Two

Two

A Chapter by John Knowles
"

Elsa furthers her description of the world around her and you, the audience get to see what a commie hippie freak she is. jkjk.

"

TWO




My day usually consists of my alarm going off and then me hitting the snooze button. After about twenty minutes of this, my mom finally yells at me to get my a*s out of bed and get ready for school. From there, I drive to school in my Malibu. I park in the student lot and then smoke as many cigarettes as I possibly can before the bell rings.

After this, I rush to the bathroom and brush my teeth. My first class is American Literature. We are currently reading Of Mice and Men. It’s okay. I prefer other Steinbeck books, but those aren’t school appropriate. I usually sleep in that class. After that I go to American history. I usually sleep in that class too. I don’t really care much for America. I honestly don’t feel lucky to live here, when it comes to guilt over Indians. Not to mention, I have a huge disdain of China's whole mass abortion or Saudi Arabia's treatment of women.I’d rather live in Poland or any other simple small European country. Aren't we supposed to be a christian nation? Me and Beth discuss this. She was raised in the church, I was not.

Of course there are a large amount of immoral bible paseges.” After American History,

really? I thought the fan club was just nuts.” I reply. She laughs.

“Well, most religious people aren't hateful ignorant people.” I ash my cigarette.

“Name a passage.” She pulls a bible out, yes, and atheist with a bible.

“Genesis 19:30-36.” I look at her. “Lot went up out of Zoar and lived in the hills with his two daughters, for he was afraid to live in Zoar. So he lived in a cave with his two daughters. And the firstborn said to the younger, “Our father is old, and there is not a man on earth to come in to us after the manner of all the earth. Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve offspring from our father. So they made their father drink wine that night. And the firstborn went in and lay with her father. He did not know when she lay down or when she arose.

“So, this is a porno right?” I flush my cigarette down the toilet.

“Yeah, I would say so.  But the point isn't really about Lot's daughter's date raping him.  It's about dangers of alcohol.  That, and they thought everyone in the world was dead, so they had to repopulate.” We leave the bathroom and walk down the hallway.

“Still pretty weird.  I want a shirt that says eradicate christianity.” I say and Beth laughs.

“Yeah, still is fucked up and gross.  Maybe reform christianity. It's not all bad. All religions pretty much say the same thing. Most religious people have a decent moral compas.” She has a good point.

“Then it's people who make money and manipulate religious people who are the d*********s?” We are silent. I need a nap.

I skip Biology and smoke a couple of cigarettes with my friend Beth. Her boyfriend joins us sometimes. He usually does a line of Vicoden off of a broken mirror in the back seat. Sometimes I imbibe in this, but today I didn’t. After this is lunch. I spend most of lunch selling joints the various people at school for two dollars. I usually make around fifty dollars a day. This, plus my allowance, plus my hundred a week from work and all the extra money on the side from selling my concerta and my mom’s Valium, I make quite a bit of money.
After lunch I go to the library and read. I have an independent study period in which I don’t do anything. After that I go to art and make a sorry excuse for a drawing. (Elsa, you are so talented, but why did you spend three minutes drawing a stick figure and the rest of class sleeping?) I am actually quite talented at drawing. I don’t put much effort in school assignment and I don’t care much about the future. I have Geometry after that which is easy.
When I get home, I usually smoke a joint or two then eat something. If I’m not hungry, and if Beth doesn’t call, I’ll walk down to Sarah’s house and listen to her talk about her “boyfriend” (I am sure he is imaginary. Made up to impress me.). She is such a bore, but she thinks I’m so cool. I don’t have the heart to tell her that I don’t like her (I do, she’s nice, her house is just like the dentist though.). Maybe next week.

When I come home from Sarah’s I usually go on the Internet and download music. I like to download entire discographies. I have over three thousand albums. When I am done with that I get ready for work, unless I don’t work, in which I sit around and talk to my gay friend Mark. People are obviously not that nice to Mark because of his sexual orientation. People are nice to me even though I am a lesbian. I never got that. I guess people are nice to me because I am apparently gorgeous, a drug dealer and I am “funny”. It’s October 24, 2008. My name is Elsa Marie Rookwater, I am seventeen years old and I have a “bad attitude”.  



© 2011 John Knowles


Author's Note

John Knowles
This isn't an attack on Christianity. In light of all this WBC silliness, MANY of the religious people I know have changed their mind .on issues like homosexuality and birth control.
I have a big long list of whats wrong with fundamentalist religions, but input is greatly appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on February 26, 2011
Last Updated on February 26, 2011


Author

John Knowles
John Knowles

St. Louis, MO



About
Hi. I'm John Knowles, but not that guy who wrote a Separate Peace, a different John Knowles. I write a variety of different things. Mostly poetry, lyrics and short fiction more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by John Knowles


three three

A Chapter by John Knowles


Four Four

A Chapter by John Knowles