Chpt. 1   (not done)

Chpt. 1 (not done)

A Chapter by James
"

not done, just making the characters more realistic and perfecting the scene its in. The time period is kind of dark rennaisance in my mind.

"

    Dust was setting over the old town the end to a clear day, most inside their homes after a day harvesting or at church. It was a fair town, set with old stone houses and a great cathedral. The blacksmith of the town was on of the most famed around. Amber Lynn, the 16 year old blacksmith's daughter, strolled out of her house for her evening walk  after her father had left for work and her mother was tending the garden, hoping to enjoy the nice scenery and watch night fall from the plain hills next to the village, and gather what fruit she could from the trees atop the hills.

     "Bye mom!" she said waving as she made her way out of the house.

     She walked through the streets, light from the sun fading and the oil lamp posts newly lit, and soon was at her destination. It was her favorite getaway, nice view with trees she could pick and eat fruit off of and the occasional interesting animal. She spent most of her time there hunting for fruit for her and her family, but after a while she relaxed on the hillside to observe the town. It wasnt long until she nodded off to sleep.

     

     She awoke with a start, and realized the trouble she would be in when her parents realized she had fallen asleep in the plains. She rolled over to her side, wondering what had awoken her in the first place, and she saw a terrible sight. Her town was burning, choas seemed to have overtaken it, and war was upon its citizens. In tears, she fled to the town to find her parents. She made her way through crowds of screaming and running people, all heading outside of town. She had no idea what had sparked this outbreak, but was only concerned of finding her parents. Several times she noticed people cloaked in robes running through the town with torches, undoubtedly they were the enemy and had started the fire. She finally arrived at her home, and found the house abandoned. She searched it in and out, last looking in the garden, where she found her mother.

     "Mom!!" She screamed, running over to her in a panic. "What's happening?"

     Her mothers voice was shaky, "Hush child its no use, your fathers been killed by these murderers...There isn't much hope, get out of here while you can and head to the next town, the King lives there and you can bet it'll be heaily guarded and it won't be under attack. Go, girl, go! Tell them to come here quick as you can.." Tears rolled down her eyes.

     "Mom I'm scared! I don't want to leave you! And dad has to be ok!!" she screamed, tears rolling.

     Her mother cried and pulled her into a close embrace.

     "I wish he were but I saw it... He wont come back..." she said in a muffled tearful voice. But she regained herself and spoke agian,

     "Listen, you have to go to the next town, for the village, find help for us. The king will surely....surely...." Her voice faded out in a quiver, and she looked straight in horror.

     Amber stared questioningly at her and became very afraid. She made a moition to turn back but all of a sudden felt a sharp pain in the back of her head, and fell around, seeing last a figure in a dark robe.



© 2008 James


Author's Note

James
again its not done, and next chapter will explain more of the plotline. Different from the story version because I wanted to flesh out the characters and the scene as well, I hope this is ok. PLEASE give any feedback you can, critisism is appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ohh I like it, you should keep this going cuz you already got me sucked into it !!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
1 Review
Added on June 20, 2008


Author

James
James

Las Vegas, NV



About
Just a kid who likes reading and writing. I hope my crap doesn't suck too bad. more..

Writing
Innocence Innocence

A Book by James


Men of Fire Men of Fire

A Book by James