Don't Think I'm Out of Heart because I'm Bloody

Don't Think I'm Out of Heart because I'm Bloody

A Poem by JLJVarlo
"

Another "process of heartbreak" tale among the quintillion of others

"
I never wanted to give myself out, the first fall was enough and I had decided that I wouldn’t want to be held or kissed on the mouth.

Thoughts can change though when given a chance, I tried once again and for a while it felt like heaven to have arms wrapped around.

Not like last time, but the after effect all the same, never go to high in heaven or else suffer the pain. I never grew full wings, I’ve been able to glide at best, I got dropped and taken out of an artificial high because I’ve made my own mess.

On my way down, I lied to myself that I would just be caught before I hit land, but boiling rage took over when I fell right into the tar pit again.

I struggled much to my own shame, I cursed all the people in between, I tried to reach out for others to replace you as quickly as you replaced me. Though that was wrong, my impulsive emotions only made it so others wanted to flee.

I respect you as a person but I’ll have to remember you’re not the type of person for me. I find it hard to swallow my pride, but I want to learn not to hold a grudge, I shouldn’t have gotten aggressive even if words never formed from the thoughts.

Like the first fall, I’m left hurting again, but this time I’ll make it different so it’s less likely to happen again.

I want to give myself out, I forgot how nice it was.

Don’t think I’m out of heart because I’m covered in blood.

© 2015 JLJVarlo


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on August 10, 2015
Last Updated on August 10, 2015
Tags: love, heartbreak, aggression, moving on

Author

JLJVarlo
JLJVarlo

OH



About
Goofy artist who's normally too lazy to do anything to completion. Yeeahh more..

Writing