The Baker and the Hungry Child

The Baker and the Hungry Child

A Story by JLJVarlo
"

...I'm hungry.

"
So there is a baker and a hungry child. The baker absolutely enjoys baking cupcakes, and decides to give the child a single cupcake every other day.

The child is very grateful, and finds the cupcake to be delicious, the baker feels joy and the hungry child gets a little bit of food. It seems like they're both happy.

But the baker is sad. He can't make anything other than cupcakes, and the things to make the cupcakes are running out. The child is still hungry, and the cupcakes are never enough to fill the stomach.

The baker get upset that he can't make anything else, and thinks his work pointless, he'll just run out of stuff anyway so what's the point? The child is the point, the child lives if he continues to bake, so he does.

The child has grown tired of the cupcakes though, they're no longer delicious but bland and sometimes he doesn't even eat them and lets them sit... They taste stale later but it's still food, but why eat it if it never fills? The baker, the baker is happy when he bakes so the kid continues eating the cupcakes everyday.

They're both sad, and they both want things but can't get them. There would be no point in doing anything if either of them stopped what they did. The baker is afraid of not being able to feed the child, and the child fears that if he falls weak to hunger, that the baker will blame himself.

© 2015 JLJVarlo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on October 9, 2015
Last Updated on October 9, 2015
Tags: depression, suicide, friendship, depend

Author

JLJVarlo
JLJVarlo

OH



About
Goofy artist who's normally too lazy to do anything to completion. Yeeahh more..

Writing