No Truer Love

No Truer Love

A Poem by JLJVarlo
"

Well that got dark at the end, I'm sad now.

"

I sometimes can’t even form words for you, it all seems to fall short. Though it nearly makes me cry to say that you’re the only one who has that amount of worth. I’ve been healed over and over, time and time again, my heart feels fuller when thoughts of you enter my head.

I didn’t believe at first that anyone could peer inside me so well, I never believed for another person that I would feel completely secure and purely loved for all the bullshit I’ve dished out all over my timeline, the other ‘friends’.

Though I don’t see you as a friend, a higher status is what you’ve gained. I dare call you a soulmate and the only real obsession I need. I don’t doubt a word you say but at the same time I take it all with a grain of salt. We all have a liar in us but with you, there is no malicious words to filter out.

Even if we’re on the same page, different paragraphs is where we rest. Always a step ahead or behind but on a similar path none the less. I wish to follow your footsteps, because your trail is still wide enough for me to grow, my admiration for you is something I will always willingly show.

I use to be hurt by the idea that I may not be the one, a single person is just one person and it’s impossible for just one person to take on the job. I know for sure though now that there is no else who may heal as much as I. The best kind of mutual relationship has grown and the bond is very tight.

A touch from you feels genuine, I don’t really shy away from placing my lips on your skin. We could sit in silence for hours and it would still feel like a perfect time spent.

Though above all the fluff we both know how we’re still both damaged. A never ending task of plugging the holes in our ships so neither has to fully meet a fate of being submerged with our demons. Similar demons, in fact, they might even feed each other if not careful.

Even if sometimes it seems like they try to keep us from moving in union, I am aware of the hardness, I expect the same in return. It still impresses me how true of a love I have for you. I pleasantly feel your joy and I evenly feel your pain, I can’t recall a single moment where our minds really clashed.

You’re a very special person, all day I can show you just how great. You flood my mind and any anger I have will just wash away. Please forgive any short comings, for I easily understand yours. The only problem I will ever have with you, is a dark thought that one day I won’t be the one. You’re as important to my well being as my imagination is to my art.

It’s a sickly and morbid thought to know that one of us will die before the other one has reached that part.

© 2015 JLJVarlo


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on September 19, 2015
Last Updated on September 19, 2015
Tags: friendship, love, dark

Author

JLJVarlo
JLJVarlo

OH



About
Goofy artist who's normally too lazy to do anything to completion. Yeeahh more..

Writing