Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Jack Weaver

Prologue

There were many people who have feared the end of human existence. People that believed that mans' uncivil behavior towards each other could lead to the end. Some thought that an end is just part of a natural cycle of life. There were some that thought that a better species will take after us. There are those who believed there will not be an end, but that is inevitable. Whatever falls must drop. Whatever begins must end. There were those who did not like to discuss a topic of this matter. Didn't like to think about an end to something. They were too concerned with their daily lives for that. I would say I was one of them. I did not have a family then. Back When I avoided such topics. Back when I did not feel completely loved.


I knew I was cared for. I knew that the people that were in my life were put there for a reason. But I do not have a mom like most kids do. I do not have a Dad like most kids do. I also don't have any brothers or sisters like some kids do. I had foster parents. There were a couple of people that I met during the program that I got close enough to call them "mom" and "dad."They were like parents, but when things got tough I was bounced throughout the foster system. I had to stay with new people all the time. Now, don't understand what I mean by 'got tough,' well I was referring to the crash in the world economy. Social programs crashed, and frankly the Government crashed. And I mean the entire world government.

People had to govern themselves. Well, that didn't work, contrary to what some people believed, people in their human nature ruined the world. And with that, weather conditions had started to rapidly change and people were starting to sense a new era in earth history: an era without us. People were starting to sense the apocalyptic end to mankind. Some people worried of the mythical thought of zombies. I mean it could have happened there were lots of radiation leaks. No, no zombies. Some people feared of a second great flood. Nope that didn't happen either. There was a lot of destruction with rising waters though. Nope, we were plagued with something much worse. Something that was much more powerful and much more terrifying. What would become of mankind? It all started that terrifying fateful Monday morning.







I lay there on the floor of the house. My body is mangled, my clothes are mangled, and my soul is mangled. My senses are blurred and I can't see that well.I shiver slightly as I try to raise my head up. I can't hear. All I hear is ringing. Extremely loud ringing. I look behind me and i see Melanie is screaming and running towards me, but Chelsea has taken her to the floor and it starting to beat her. Tara and Blake could be dead. I pray they aren't. They are too innocent. Too pure to be murdered like this. I guess this is how it all goes down. This was an end to my world that I didn't expect on any level. I rest my head breathing my last breaths when Tara seeps around the corner. She is followed by Blake. I try to scream their names, but with everything I say the poison seems to enter deeper taking me down with it. I hate the feeling of knowing I'm next.



© 2013 Jack Weaver


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on December 24, 2013
Last Updated on December 24, 2013


Author

Jack Weaver
Jack Weaver

About
A teenage author who loves to write. Hope you love my books! more..

Writing