The One That Got Away

The One That Got Away

A Story by Joey Nizz
"

You will always be the one that got away..

"
We practically grew up together, always been there for one an other, I called you sister, and you called me brother, we shared everything, we laughed, we sang, we even played jokes on the neighbors hehe remember that? we did a lot of things together as we grew, You always had my back as you had mine, we used to stay at each other's houses like a married couple, but we were not, we used to make fun of the people that used to get married, because we didn't know what it meant, we were too young.
Days, months, Years have passed and we were always together, and in the process, i grew fond of you.. and finally opened my eyes and came to realize that the married couple we used to make fun of, are just living it in happiness..
I was lost and confused with these new emotions towards you, these.. these new feelings that I was feeling for you!
But
Never had the chance or the guts to speak of the feelings that I had, I was.. too afraid i guess..i dunno I guess i was just afraid of losing you and what would others say or think..
I really wanted to speak the truth, and tell you how i really felt..
Then tragedy had hit..  hospitalized in a coma for weeks, no months.. was dying and you never really got to hear what I wanted to tell you..
Woke up from the long sleep not remembering anything, they said that i have lost my memory but all I could remember was you..
After the longest time of struggle, I've managed to regain the memory I have lost, but came to realize I lost you..
You were married and with a kid and I was really happy for you but also sad, that I was never the one who put the ring on your finger..
Every time i see you now I only feel regret.. regret of not telling you of how i Really felt..
Always wondering and questioning myself
What could have happened if I actually spoke..
I have always wanted to call you mine..
I guess that call now, is just out of reach..

© 2017 Joey Nizz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Quite a heart tugging piece. I guess it happens to many people in the world (apart from the coma bit)
But their there is another lesson to be learnt from this. Life is not a dreas reheraal, you only get one chance. Grab it, take it, throttle the life out of it.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

matrixmark

7 Years Ago

Very true.

Mark.
Joey Nizz

7 Years Ago

we learn* sorry just noticed it
matrixmark

7 Years Ago

No worries.

Mark.



Reviews

Oh.. So sorry.
Is that real?
So so sorry!
Hey, If you're still shaken, Try breathing in an ointment of rasberry leaf and grape juice every night.
No, I am not crazy. Just an apothecary.
It will calm you down, I swear.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

7 Years Ago

Its ok..
And yea it was, its been years now but still..
and thanks for your help o rea.. read more
Quite a heart tugging piece. I guess it happens to many people in the world (apart from the coma bit)
But their there is another lesson to be learnt from this. Life is not a dreas reheraal, you only get one chance. Grab it, take it, throttle the life out of it.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

matrixmark

7 Years Ago

Very true.

Mark.
Joey Nizz

7 Years Ago

we learn* sorry just noticed it
matrixmark

7 Years Ago

No worries.

Mark.
If we are loving someone we should have guts to say that we love them. Otherwise after loosing them we will cry in vain.

Thanks for sharing this beautiful piece of work

Posted 7 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Joey Nizz

7 Years Ago

Your right and i agree, we will end up lost and always thinking of what could've happened if we actu.. read more
Word Girl

7 Years Ago

That is so sweet!
Very heart touching and sad story. It leaves me in a feeling of sympathy towards the protagonist.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

7 Years Ago

yeah.. and your welcome
Word Girl

7 Years Ago

Did it happen to you?
If so, how were you injured, and i'm sorry.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 29, 2017
Last Updated on July 3, 2017
Tags: Heart broke, broken, betrayed, lost, tragedy

Author

Joey Nizz
Joey Nizz

Manama, Reef Island, Bahrain



About
Whatever the mind and heart creates, I put it down with my pen on a paper, whatever inspires me and whatever inspires others, I got to share the inspiration and the knowledge and the hardship that I a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The End The End

A Poem by Giulia King


Kindness Kindness

A Story by Joey Nizz