The Saddest Songs

The Saddest Songs

A Story by Joey Nizz

Once upon a time there was a little boy, the little boy was a mute, he could not speak he could not sing but he always had a music box, the music box had every song ever sang in the entire world.
One day as he was walking down the path in a park, he met a girl who never heard a single rhythm nor melody in her entire life, the boy was astonished by that fact, so he decided to play her his favorite song from his box.
He watched and saw her face lite up with joy and wonder as the music filled the skies above with its beautiful notes and the poetry of the music moved her in ways she never even felt before.

The little boy would play his songs for her day after day week after week and months after months, and she would just sit by his side in a quiet calm manner, never seeming to mind that he could not speak to her, but to speak to her through his songs that he played from his box.
She loved everything he ever played for her from his box but she loved the sad songs the best, his sad songs were the best things she ever heard and the only thing he played most.
So he began to play them more and more for her because she loved them most until eventually, the sad songs are all she could ever hear.

One day, he noticed it has been a very long time since she smiled, she used to smile all the time whenever he played a song but not anymore.
When he asked her whats wrong? why don't you smile to my music anymore?
She took a deep breath and held his both of his hands into hers and kissed them gently. She thanked him for his gift even though he could not speak he has made her feel more happy than anyone. She had thanked him for the music that he played, and for the poetic words in all of the songs because she never knew that's these sounds were so beautiful and she never got to experience them before him.
But it was now time for her to go away.. and leave him to find someone else who could show her what happiness was.


Do you remember the song that played on the night we met?
You might not but, I remember every song I have heard since the day you left..


© 2017 Joey Nizz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ooh. This is so touching. I like how the girl still able to thanked him despite leaving him behind. I do not hate the girl. I like how she is real to herself and to the boy. Sad yet realistic. Well done Joey. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

7 Years Ago

At least she has a soul, that thanked him for what he's done, some people wont even acknowledge what.. read more
What a sweet and heart touching story, I truly liked this a lot.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

7 Years Ago

Thank you, it reminds me of a story that happened to me but not exactly like this.

Th.. read more
Najam Us Saher

7 Years Ago

You're welcome ☺

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 23, 2017
Last Updated on April 23, 2017
Tags: Music, little boy, little girl, sad, song, heartbreak

Author

Joey Nizz
Joey Nizz

Manama, Reef Island, Bahrain



About
Whatever the mind and heart creates, I put it down with my pen on a paper, whatever inspires me and whatever inspires others, I got to share the inspiration and the knowledge and the hardship that I a.. more..

Writing