On Hold

On Hold

A Poem by Joey Nizz

From the day we were born, we always had dreams, even as toddlers, we had a dream to walk, a dream to talk and a dream to understand. As we grow our mind grows with us we understand with each step of growth and our dreams become bigger, we all dreamed to be doctors, astronauts, football or basketball players, we all had that one dream or dreams for what we will become or how we look like if we are what or who we want to be.
There was a little boy and that little boy was a big dreamer ever since he was very young, he couldn't get the things all of the other boys in school or in his neighborhood had, his family was poor so they couldn't provide him with what he really wanted or what he dreamt of, but his parents still tried to make an effort to provide it for him one way or another, they loved him very much because he was their only child.
As he grew he still held on to his dreams hoping that one day, they will come true. Always dreamt to be someone who could help others, dreamt about seeing the world, dreamt about becoming a doctor, he even had dreamt about becoming a musician or a writer, so he kept singing and writing, he kept practicing with different types of musical instruments and kept writing the stories with a pen and a paper. Not a lot of people believed in him, you can say that almost no one did, he kept on being teased on and pushed around and for what? just because he's a dreamer? Whatever he gained he has lost it, whether it's friends or lovers whether of betrayal or death or anything that had any value to him, and even though with everything that has happened to him he was still not giving up because he always believed of a better life behind that thick wall that kept him from reaching it.
He did live a good life, with everything that has happened to him, and he was getting closer and closer to his dreams, he became a musician and a writer, and always helped people in need but unfortunately, he couldn't become a doctor like he always wanted, but that didn't stop him from helping people, he has helped them in any way he could have and he was loved for it, but for some reason his bright days always had their dark sides and that still didn't use to bring him down because he always had believed.
September 15 in 2008, tragedy struck, just 8 days before his birthday. He was on his way to university and he almost had a heart attack as he was driving and he hit a tree, he was left for dead with no one even stopping on the road to help, but luckily the ambulance came in the nick of time before it was too late. He almost lost his life even when they got him to the hospital for losing a lot of blood, but they managed to keep him alive.
He ended up in a coma, and that coma he was lost in his dreams believing that they were real as if nothing has happened to him, he lived on and carried on in his dreams and had a life of his own, the life he has always wanted.
A few months have passed and he was still in his coma, still stuck in his dream where he thought that everything was ok. In his dream, he was driving and it was pleasant and kept hearing this voice from nowhere, that kind of confused him and made him had a car accident and that gave him such a shock that made him wake up from his coma!
Waking up in a dark room, all alone with nothing in sight, it was so dark, it made him very confused because he didn't know where was he and why was he there, a door has opened and it was his father, his father was overjoyed seeing his son finally awake from his coma that lasted this long, his son asked him who are you? and why am I here? his dad with tears in his eyes said: Don't worry about it I will tell you everything later, just rest for now. The boy whos now a man, has got an amnesia and lost all of his memories, all of his dreams... he did not know himself or anyone that came to him, but with time as he stayed in the hospital he started getting his memory back, but also made him forget things easily, everything he ever dreamed of was put on hold because of this, but after coming back to life and living again, it made him even more eager to pursue his dreams but it was even harder because of the time he spent in the coma, the people he knew, the friends that he knew all have forgotten all about him and moved on, so he had no one to support him or to believe in him, his parents were still too worried that another accident would happen to him that they kept on asking him not to go out there and do what he wanted to do.
It was very difficult for him to adjust to his new life, physiotherapy, Hospital visits for check-ups, the time schedule for medications, his father even got him a new car but he just didn't feel like driving ever again, and lost and forgot his love for music and writing.
Years have passed, nothing has changed, he is still the same person with a dysfunctional memory that keeps betraying him every time he needs to remember something or to keep something in mind, still not having the urge to drive ever again, what made him feel worse is that the loss of 2 of his friends, one who died in a motorbike crash and the other by suicide, they were the only 2 who understood him more than anyone and were him as much as he was for them but life goes on I guess, until when will he feel the sorrow of loss? he was lucky to be alive when he almost lost his, so that gave him the motivation to carry on and live more.
He went back to making music as he used to before and went back to writing again, he produced and produced and wrote and wrote, he was on fire and even better than before.
With each day he felt great, something heavy was felt inside of him, he didn't know why he felt that way he did, so heavy, so lost in thoughts. He ignored it and carried on until one day when he got the news that his health was not too decaying and could lead to his death.
Made him wonder why is it happening to him? he didn't do anything bad so karma would hit, he gave up on music and started writing more and more, he wrote inspirational to motivating things so he can feel good by making others feel good, seeing all his readers happy to read what he wrote and just knowing that they were inspired or motivated, made him feel great. 
Until one night he had a dream that shocked him out of sleeping and made him think, in a few days from today's date he will be 30 years old and he still the same, he looked at today's date and it was September 15, 2017, it made him think and realize, its the same day where he almost lost his life, made him feel thankful that he was still here, with everything that happened to him, all the losses and all of the pain, he was thankful that he's been through it all, lessons to be learned.
He decided to write a story, a story about a little boy, who had nothing but dreamed big and tragic things happened to his life that almost ended it.
After reviewing the story before finishing it made him realize something, that little boy in the story that his dreams were put on hold, was the writer.

© 2017 Joey Nizz


Author's Note

Joey Nizz
A story about a little boy who dreamed big, but lost most of his dreams but trying to find ways to achieve them again, that little boy who dreamed big, all of his dreams were put on hold for him, that little boy, was me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ups..downs..higher depths...


Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thanks J! I appreciate your time here ^^
One of the most special write for us from your end... Life is consist of several ups and downs and it's need a lot of courage to open your heart in front of audience... Always loved your work but this was so touching..!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much, Just wanted to share my experiences in writing and im glad that you have review.. read more
Powerful write!! I love to read another’s persons life story or journey. It’s an honor to share in such a personal moment! Especially because in ones persons story another can find strength! I love that you write inspirational things!! The world is full of negativity...it needs hope, love, perseverance stories, and encouragement like this! Well done!
LOVE THIS! Super glad that you are still here!!
Tabby

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much Tabby, I am also honored to have met you and everybody on this website, you and .. read more
I can remember someone with this kind of experience somehow. Truly not an easy way to go through with life and positivism. Glad this one ended well and just what all we needed to happen for him. To find hope despite darkness and to learn to embrace the reality and use it for his advantage. Good write.

Sincerely,
CAPOLAVORO

Posted 6 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Hope can give someone a reason to carry on if all is lost or being lost.
Thank you for your r.. read more
It was a deep truth of yours. You're really a great motivating writer, friend.your writing always inspires me and even others too, I guess.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank You very much Priyanshi :)
Means a lot to know that you feel motivated or inspired from.. read more
Priyanshi

6 Years Ago

They are so...
always a pleasure, friend.
I am deeply moved. I lack words to say how hard this story hit me especially the author's note.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you Najam
Was just saying whats on my mind and what I was feeling inside I guess..
Najam Us Saher

6 Years Ago

You're welcome.
Very emotional one Joey....Am glad you are safe and well... dream on....and many happy returns in advance :)
Keep sharing the kindness with the world...Am sure you will find your dreams soon

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you :)
You're words gave a smile :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

345 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 17, 2017
Last Updated on September 17, 2017
Tags: Dreams, life, little boy, tragedy, tragic

Author

Joey Nizz
Joey Nizz

Manama, Reef Island, Bahrain



About
Whatever the mind and heart creates, I put it down with my pen on a paper, whatever inspires me and whatever inspires others, I got to share the inspiration and the knowledge and the hardship that I a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..