This Is Our End

This Is Our End

A Story by Joey Nizz

In your years of school life, you have a few or a lot of friends. Some stay for more than 10 years and others for shorter than a winter season. You always think that you'll be friends for a life time... until you all drift apart sooner or later.

I've had friends who were twins for 15 years that I thought I would have for the rest of my life. We always were together and always have talked about living next to one another and even raise families together, we had each others backs for thick and thin, until one day when the talk was put at a halt and made it seem that they no longer want that.

After I finally found the one girl that I chose to be my life partner, we started to drift apart. No more daily hangout or conversations, no more laying video games like how we always used to, that was that! It kinda kept my mind in a daze and my heart cracked. The two people who I always have by my side were gone! That was a hard yet bitter drink to swallow. From this I was always thinking and mostly upset, angry and just plainly confused. What had I done wrong? Why is this happening? I have done things for them that I don't even do for my own family, picked them up when they needed picking the most and gave a shoulder when no one else did, why would they do that?

After sometime I've had a confrontation with both of my friends and one of them saw me and said: oh I am surprised that you've remembered me, and his twin was looking at me with anger as if he wanted to hit me, it was confusion all around from my side. I asked them why are they like this towards me? why are they and why did they push me aside? Their explanation was like a punch in the guts. They have basically said that I was self-centered, self-absorbed and selfish. Now in my defense, everyone can be self-absorbed at times. Though, for the most part I was a great friend in my opinion and I would do anything within reason for them. I truly thought that they have found someone else to replace me as a friend would have been a better and easier explanation. But now I know that this is all because I have a partner to love in my life, instead of being happy they act this way...

A few months have passed, and me and my girlfriend have decided to get married, so I thought that I would reach out to them one more time to see if i can still fix this, fix what has been destroyed. It didn’t work but at least I can say I tried. After that I fully gave up on the idea. It was the closure that one may need during a break up.Some do say that friendships hurt worse than romantic relationships when they’re broken up and I agree.

After that all was okay I guess. I have made some new friends in my new job and still kept in touch with some of my old friends from school and collage.  I eventually got over being upset over this one broken friendship and started focusing on making other quality ones. It took a while but I finally was able to get to that point.

During the summer break, one of twins wanted to go out and eat and go ice skating. To be honest, like completely, it was weird it was as if  I was meeting them for the first time. I wasn’t sure what to say or how much to say. I don't trust him anymore, not as I used to anyways to indulge more than surface knowledge. Since then, we went back to not speaking to one another. I’ve been told from other friends that they have noticed that the twins have changed and that they have tarnished more friendships than just ours.

Life goes on, and that's the moral of the story, life goes on after drifting apart from a friend no matter how much it hurts. People change both for the better and the worst, but they change. You’re not the same person you are over the years, so why should you expect other people to be? Also, you may just go different directions in life and have to move on to your own thing. All of this is okay, all of this is just normal.

If you've been through the same, my best advice to you is that you just have to move on. Take the experience as a learning experience. Figure out how to pick out a failing relationship and try to repair it or just let it go sooner; before it rips your heart out. (Its not really fun and balloons to reach to that point, trust me). Then focus on more things, focus on things you have to do in your life, focus on you and do you, just focus on other things like school, work, etc. Friendships, like romantic relationships, will fall into place. I mean who knows, you may even find even better friends in the most unusual unexpected places. Just keep your head up and live your life to the fullest, with or without those certain people.

© 2019 Joey Nizz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this because I can relate to some of the things you went through but I agree with your advice about what u said in the end man

Posted 4 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

4 Years Ago

Thanks Elaine, for relating and for agreeing with the advice.
i like how honest this piece is, i really love the description

Posted 4 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

4 Years Ago

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about this piece :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 2, 2019
Last Updated on July 2, 2019
Tags: friendships, relationship

Author

Joey Nizz
Joey Nizz

Manama, Reef Island, Bahrain



About
Whatever the mind and heart creates, I put it down with my pen on a paper, whatever inspires me and whatever inspires others, I got to share the inspiration and the knowledge and the hardship that I a.. more..

Writing