Through My Eyes

Through My Eyes

A Story by Myblindeye
"

Brief observation of how I see the world around me.

"

                What do I see when I look at the world? I see fast cars, and electronic gadgets and equipment, houses and tall buildings. I see streets that run for miles and curbs that follow. I see schools with large windows and many bricks that lay its foundation, traffic signs and street lights.

 I see people. There are billions of people that inhabit this planet, too many to count and too many to meet individually. These people live in small towns in large cities, in small states, in large states, in small and large countries. Some people may look fairly similar, but we are all completely different from one another. There are tall people, short people, thin people and fat people, dark people and light people, muscular people and skinny people. Some have big noses and some people are going bald at the age of twenty. Some people are old and have gray hair and wrinkly skin while others still retain their youthful essence. Some people seem to possess a vibrant glow about them while others seem to blend in with the crowd. There are green eyes, blue eyes, brown eyes, hazel eyes, and some even have one eye that is different in color from the other. I see people every day from the time I wake up till the time I close my eyes at night. Sometimes I even see people in my dreams including people I have never even met before.  Aside from the physical attributes, we as individual beings are complex and unique in our own way, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. We all possess that certain something that gives value to our character and makes us who we are, however there are occasions when we connect on a spiritual level and it is almost as if we are one. This is a rarity now because we let our misguided judgments of others as well as ourselves get in the way of those connections and in a sense we create our own prison where we build a wall that masks our emotions, shielding us from one another. We become fortified in a world of solitude and emptiness. There are those who refuse to live by those standards and allow the light that is within to shine bright and embrace life and others whole heartedly. These people do exist but they are few and far in between.

Although we are all different there is common ground that we all share. We were born into this world and one day, perhaps not at the same time, we will die. Everybody lives, everybody leaves. We all bleed and therefor every one of us is mortal, which is good reason to embrace everyday as if it were our last and be mindful of the ones that love us.

                I see people that are consumed by meaningless materialistic treasures and products, money, clothes, cars and status. People tend to get caught up in earthly things and forget about what is truly important and why we are here. The meaning of the word success,” today,” is someone who has nice things and makes lots of money, but a truly successful person is one who is happy, has a loving family, and knows that if his or her time were up tomorrow they would be happy with the life they have built for themselves. That is what it meant to be successful many years ago and that is how it should be today, but human beings for the most part dwell on the things they must have and the wants they desire. We strive each and every day to achieve the things that only exist in the physical realm and only for a short while. As a result of our own selfish ambitions we put our happiness on the back burner and lose sight of ourselves and what is important. Happiness for the most part becomes non-existent and we are never able to regain our since of piece and bliss or serenity. We become blind to the beauty in the world because we have trained ourselves to pay attention only to the things that hold no real meaning and are of little or no importance.

                I see the world around us whether it be the trees, the grass, the oceans, lakes and rivers, the plush fields that stretch to the sun or the animals that occupy them. I see the trees that dance in the breeze on a summer day and the sun raining down its glory from above. I see winding rivers that flow through the heart of the Earth in complete freedom to be united with the oceans that cover most of our planet. In those waters there is life and are many in number and range anywhere from the smallest living organism to the largest living creature man has ever seen. There is an endless array of beauty that emanates all around us as well as inside us. Sometimes we just refuse to see it or become focused on less important things. The beauty of the world is sometimes overshadowed by our inability to focus on the now and what is right in front of us. Instead, the main point of focus is on what was or could have been or what will be, as the saying goes yesterday is history and tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift that is why it is referred to as the” present.” The fascination of better mechanical amusements and the growth of large industry and technology have inadvertently made us ignorant to our own self- awareness and purpose. We are a greedy race, a parasite if you will, that destroys the Earth for personal gain, profit, oil and war. We bring disease and chaos, and justify our intentions by saying we are only human. We never really give back aside from planting a few trees and bushes now and then. How much can we take from mother- nature before she is fed up with our pestilence and destructiveness?  The answer is complete annihilation of our species. God wiped the Earth clean once he could do it again if he sees fit. We have driven entire species into extinction and have almost consumed every natural resource that we can find and soon there will be nothing left, in which case we will move on to another planet only to repeat the cycle.

                I sometimes think about the Native American Indians (my partial ancestry) that laid claim to this land long ago. Although there are still full blooded Natives alive today they have become an endangered race, almost extinct and probably will be one day. They were a people of the land, guided by their beliefs, instincts, honesty, dignity, love for family and friends, and pure will. They lived by a code one that is worth living by. It was a code of integrity. They valued house and home, family, and the soil beneath their feet. They looked out for each other and looked to one another for answers when they were lost. These things were all they had and you could say they were the wealthiest people in the land. That is how it should be, how it was meant to be. They were a people of virtue and died with honor. Nothing else mattered. They were driven out of their home and forced onto reservations because of greed and the need for power. This has become our moto today: If they have something we want we will go and take it even if it is not ours in the first place. People respond extremely well to fear and that is how we like it! Let the world know you are in charge and you can have anything you want, but all of this comes at a price. The price is blood, blood that is spilt for greedy politicians and government officials. They give the order and the rest fall in line like sheep awaiting the next order, never really knowing what they are fighting for but secretly and silently hoping it’s for the right reasons or for a worthy and just cause. These people are taken for granted and their deaths are in vain because we are a prideful race with rage in our eyes and hate in our hearts. Most of us never express how we truly feel out of fear of rejection or the notion of being laughed at or ridiculed. We have become dysfunctional as a whole. We have turned to text messaging and emails to convey our thoughts and emotions and as a result our ability to communicate has weakened.

                It is almost as if the world is shrouded in a dark negative mist that permeates throughout our world and infects those it touches. The unfortunate few that fall victim to this growing, methodical energy that expands like water in a sponge, are consumed by its dark energy. They become infected with bitterness and disdain. This metaphor, although melodramatic, is how it seems sometimes when you really step back and look at the world as if your were and outsider looking in.

Not everything is bad or negative. Some people do change. Some people are forced to become aware of their selfish nature and negative behavior. Some people are never affected at all. These people are the elite group who refuse to become a product of their environment and welcome positive change or even help to change the world around them for the better. Collectively, people can come together in unity and harmony to ensure that their world is not spoiled by all of the ugliness that is inside of us. There are still good people out there, lots of good people. There are people who see beyond the hate and nastiness that plague our Earth. They see real beauty.  These people see the positive in the negative because after all without negative experience we would never be forced to change. Without mistakes we would never evolve as human beings and would continue to live in our own filth and bad habits, never really recognizing the error of our ways. Many people, however, do not see the error of their ways and history repeats itself over and over. For some it is inevitable.

                At first glance there doesn’t seem to be any real innocence left in the world, but there is. I used to think that no one was innocent and for the most part once adult hood is reached that is true, but within us lies a small piece of untouched and unspoiled soul. This is forever ours and unless you have been completely devoured by life it will always be our safe haven away from all the nonsense the world carries with it. Sometimes you just have to look way down deep inside to find it and when you do the world becomes beautiful again and worth fighting for. People become worth fighting for. I never thought I would say those words but I realize that we live in a land of confusion. Confusion causes disarray and other assortments of emotions and fears that force us to lash out because we, like scared children are fearful and need guidance, although some do not see it that way.

We must stop every now and then, even if it’s just for a moment, to admire what has been given to us. We must acknowledge the presence of our own existence and take a moment to bask in the radiant, ambient energy that we possess and exists around us everywhere. We must break free from the chains that hold us down and keep us repressed. We all need to open up our minds and our hearts and let the light in. The light helps us find our way out of the darkness.

© 2016 Myblindeye


Author's Note

Myblindeye
This is something I wrote a long time ago and found it the other day. It isn't the best writing. Just some thoughts from a young mind. Grammar could use some work also. Give me some pointers if you feel like there is something missing or needs work. I am willing to listen to become a better writer. thanks

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
Added on March 17, 2015
Last Updated on May 31, 2016

Author

Myblindeye
Myblindeye

Gainesville , FL



About
I am sort of a part time writer right now. I love to write it helps me to channel all my emotions onto paper. I am a deep thinker so my writing sometimes reflects that. I've never put anything for peo.. more..

Writing
The Void The Void

A Story by Myblindeye