Light Is Me

Light Is Me

A Poem by Myblindeye
"

To change the world around you, you must first have to change yourself. If you want to be loved, you have to start to love yourself!

"

This fool in light as I am.

A million lights reflecting.

The source is light and reaching.

The source is light and endless.

In the dark she extends her vibrant color.

Within the dark is a dim light that I see extending toward my being.

 I find comfort in the darkness and reject the light touching the darkness.

I reject hope and reason.

 Let this light touch me before I find peace within the empty dark.

Let this light change the fabric of my soul so that I can find love and compassion.

The light will help me embrace the serenity that I long for.

The light is my savior.

The light is me.

© 2016 Myblindeye


Author's Note

Myblindeye
I went through a phase that was consuming my life. I was always angry and full of rage. I was weak and unhappy with the life I was leading. As a result I blamed everything and everyone else for my problems and thought that by running from my problems that I could chase down a better life. Through much self reflection I realized that I was to blame and I starting looking on the inside and I found that by changing unwanted and negative habits and behaviors that the world became a more beautiful place and I stepped out of the dark and into the light, so to speak.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

There is hope in this poem. Hope which is like a candle in the dark. I agree that you must love yourself first before trying to love others because when you don't know how to love yourself, how can you love others?

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Myblindeye

7 Years Ago

Exactly! Like you said I just want to write everything. What I see and my experiences!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

281 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 31, 2016
Last Updated on May 31, 2016

Author

Myblindeye
Myblindeye

Gainesville , FL



About
I am sort of a part time writer right now. I love to write it helps me to channel all my emotions onto paper. I am a deep thinker so my writing sometimes reflects that. I've never put anything for peo.. more..

Writing
The Void The Void

A Story by Myblindeye