Letter to A Little Killer

Letter to A Little Killer

A Poem by Joshua Lean
"

For every child soldier in every corner, whether you hold a gun or not, in whatever way you are being used or afflicted, I fight for you.

"

You should be seen and not heard..seen walking the stygian paths,carrying your heart in your hand and your honour in the magazines.

They tell you your purpose,they tell it to you with lips that do not move,you can only feel their sharp claws circle your small head..like  clairvoyant wizards probing crystal balls.

They tell you what you are,they say you do it for the flag and you wonder if the flag will wrap you on those nights when the voices come out of the ground and purr like cats..

They show you the enemy,the enemy they say you will become unless you carve holes in his eyes and trap his soul between your hands like you trap the mosquitos that incessantly feed on you. And then you wonder why the enemy has hands and feet just like you.

When you close your eyes..what do you see?.Do you dream?..of a peace that holds no meaning,of a peace they tell you is only achievable when you make more bodies fall.Do you see those friends whose bones decorate the streets now..whose bloody slates are fastened to the asphalt.Do they tell you that it is better where they are?.

Do you cry?..are your tears enough to wash the stains on your hands? Do you long for a mother’s touch? Do you feel fear? Do you hate the blackness? Do you hate your blackness?.
Are the thoughts able to twist their way into your mind? A mind so conveniently booby trapped with incendiary hopes.

Do you look forward to the day when your body too will fall lifeless to the ground and the grey vultures..the ones you know by name will circle the sky above your decaying flesh?..

Would you want me to hold your hand? I could if you want.We could go to that place..I hear the grass is nicer there.And you could introduce me to your friends.

For every child soldier in every corner,whether you hold a gun or not,in whatever way you are being used or afflicted,I fight for you.

© 2013 Joshua Lean


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

love the descriptivenes of this passage.."They tell you your purpose,they tell it to you with lips that do not move,you can only feel their sharp claws circle your small head..like clairvoyant wizards probing crystal balls."
borrowing it for my "nicely turned phrases" manuscript I refer to; if you dont mind..?Laury

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Joshua Lean

11 Years Ago

Splurge!



Reviews

Wow, there is so much going on in this piece and your turns of a phrase are quite interesting and gripping. Your friend in words, Pete

Posted 11 Years Ago


very well written can not wait to see more

Posted 11 Years Ago


Joshua Lean

11 Years Ago

Thank you!
This was amazing, thought provoking and so well written. Your passion is evident here. It's inspirational.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Joshua Lean

11 Years Ago

Thank you!
Still absorbing this... Your words are seamless as they paint the images into the mind of the reader. As far as my thoughte, well this particular piece is thought provoking, so much so that my personal perspective will take some time as I mull it over. Another amazing write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Joshua Lean

11 Years Ago

Glad you enjoyed it.I hope to write more pieces that you enjoy.

JSL.
love the descriptivenes of this passage.."They tell you your purpose,they tell it to you with lips that do not move,you can only feel their sharp claws circle your small head..like clairvoyant wizards probing crystal balls."
borrowing it for my "nicely turned phrases" manuscript I refer to; if you dont mind..?Laury

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Joshua Lean

11 Years Ago

Splurge!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
~ they're brainwashed... ~ soon after one bombing episode in london, a friend of mine discovered a copy of the al qaeda training manual on a cia website... we downloaded it and spent four hours reading it and another four discussing it... at the time, we were corporate trainers... so, as trainers, we studied each and every module very carefully... recently, the 19 year old who was one of the people responsible for the 26/11 mumbai blast was hanged... he was promised a place in heaven and greatness... ~ the right of every human being to not be brainwashed by a cult-like organization is not a part of the UN Declaration of human rights yet... which is very sad... so we need you to fight... ~ thank you for this post... it's a cause that i feel very strongly about too... in some ways, it's all i ever write about it... brainwashing of all types actually makes my head spin...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Joshua Lean

11 Years Ago

Me too! I'm glad someone else feels that way.
very inspirational piece of writting...for those who are used wrongfully like child labous...great write

Posted 11 Years Ago


Joshua Lean

11 Years Ago

Thank you!
Devanshu Rajput

11 Years Ago

your welcome
I like the tone and rhythm and the repetition of certain words. I also like the imagery and similes, such as "those nights when voices come out of the ground and purr like cats."

Posted 11 Years Ago


Joshua Lean

11 Years Ago

Thank you always.
I don't think this qualify's as poetry, but your voice is clear, the message is simple. For every bad thing in life, there is a purpose, a reason to fight for it all.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Joshua Lean

11 Years Ago

I totally understand what you mean. Thank you!
Wow. This is beautiful, heartfelt, and just about brought me to tears. You are a true master of poetry and I can only dream of writing this well one day. Not only is your word flow impressively smooth, but the message comes across loud and clear. Literary genius at its finest. Well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Joshua Lean

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

313 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 26, 2013
Last Updated on January 26, 2013

Author

Joshua Lean
Joshua Lean

About
I am a worker in words. And these words cannot be made to work for others. They are slaves to neither party nor position. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ugly. Ugly.

A Poem by Joshua Lean


Bleed Bleed

A Poem by wordman