Work In Progress 3 Codenamed: Blood Trigram

Work In Progress 3 Codenamed: Blood Trigram

A Chapter by JSmith0612
"

This is an idea based on a dream I had. Warning; Language, eventually.

"

            Standing before this cold grey stone, I couldn’t believe that a year had already passed me by and the loss I felt that day I saw him collapse on the sidewalk, blood oozing from his chest, ran through me as strong as ever.

            “I miss you, baby. Why’d you have to leave me?” I murmured to the lifeless artifact in front me. A year ago today my boyfriend �" no fiancé -  was shot down on the sidewalk right before my very eyes. And every day since then, rain or snow or heat, I came to this place �" grasping the last gift he had given me between my fingers: the engagement ring I placed on a chain around my neck. Feeling a chill on the back of my neck �" that feeling of being watched �" I pulled my ball-cap down over my eyes, bidding the stone one more farewell and turned back down the path that I had come up previously.

            Something in my gut told me to get back on the main drag. Today of all days, my instincts were telling me that Murphy’s Law was going to go into full effect.

            And I was right. As soon as I stepped onto the sidewalk near the highway, a van pulled up besides that and it was the last thing I saw. Literally, because a black hood was pulled over my eyes and I was yanked inside. Shortly after that, the sounds left me as a needle pierced my neck and I lost the connection I had with my surroundings.

            Eventually, I awoke. It seemed like hours later but I awoke in a cold, concrete and blue tile room on a black leather couch. The hood was gone and my hearing returned to me quickly. I blinked several times, the room coming into gradual focus.

            I sat up �" my heart threatening to bust from my chest.

            A figure sat across the table in a black leather loveseat, peeking up at me over folded hands.

            Ice blue eyes… black hair with caramel colored tips… slightly tanned skin…

            “There is no way….” I barely got the words out. The figure sighed.

            “Yeah there is.” The tenor of his voiced echoed across the room.

            “But you DIED! I SAW it!” I exploded, tears of mixed shock and joy running down my face.

            He groaned, “Love… about that…. I am so so sorry. I never meant for you to get wrapped up in this. It was only supposed to be a few others and myself. No normites. But there was no other choice. “ Normite?  I’ll have to ask about that term later. For now, one thing spilled from my lips.

            “Why?”

            “One word: war.”

            



© 2016 JSmith0612


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on May 16, 2016
Last Updated on May 16, 2016
Tags: War, supernatural, secret society, archaeology, romance, betrayal


Author

JSmith0612
JSmith0612

Pryor, OK



About
Hi! My name is Jeri R. Smith. I am 28 years old. I have been married for a little 3 years and been with my husband a total of 4 years. We live in Pryor, OK with our dog Lucky. I have my bachelors degr.. more..

Writing