From the Author

From the Author

A Chapter by J Walling

 

FROM THE AUTHOR

 

I have mulled over the idea of writing about a horse from my childhood for a long time.  Though I only owned her and rode her a few short years, she left an imprint on my heart that will never go away.  The experiences she gave me.  The knowledge she taught me.  It is my express opinion that she made me the horse-woman I am today.  Despite the multiple years I have spent with other horses, it was she that I have the most colorful and vibrant memories.  Good and bad. 

Don’t get it in your head that this will bear a happy ending like many horse stories do.  There was no great win for Journey.  Nor were there green pastures for her retirement.  Perhaps the reason that this little mare has stuck with me for so long, and has been so important to me, was because she died only a couple months after I sold her.  It left me with a hole in my heart that would not be filled for years and years to follow.  I feel a sort of obligation to write down the memories I have of her.  To immortalize what we shared together.

It is here that I would like to share her stories.  My experiences with an amazing horse (even if she did have a few screws loose).  To write a memoir about a black mare that was born sometime in 1997 and died May 3, 2004.


 



© 2012 J Walling


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on December 8, 2012
Last Updated on December 8, 2012


Author

J Walling
J Walling

WA



About
Jessica Walling is a graduate student at Central Washington University finishing up a master's in Resource Management to which she hopes to use in managing our disappearing shrub steppe and rangelands.. more..

Writing