I'm Katrina

I'm Katrina

A Chapter by JWolf
"

In Katrina's perspective

"

I was stuck in the usual crowd of predrestains, on my way back to my apartment. I saw there was something different about the flow of people walking, there's always someone doing something different. All of a sudden, my face rammed into a chest.

“Oh! Watch where you're going, will you?” Geez, this guy made me drop my bag.

Some random, could just come and pick up my stuff. I was shocked when I saw a hand picking up my stuff and dropping it gently in my bag. I looked up to see beautiful bright sky blue eyes with hints of a deeper blue closer to his pupils. Flustered I placed my bag strap over my right shoulder, I was speechless at his beauty.

Along, he had a gorgeous face, bone structure, jawline. Almost perfect teeth just a little crook in his left canine making his smile a little crooked. He stood what I guess was about six foot with a skinny build, not much muscle at all, but his golden sun-kissed blonde hair and looks, make him look like an anime character out of those love stories.

I was so hypnotized by his eyes, I forgot I was in the middle of a street full of people. I was shoved but in the young man’s chest, only this time he helped me back onto my feet. I have to say his manners were astonishing.

“I’m so sorry. My name is Louis, Louis Banshing. Can I make it up to you, I saw a nice restaurant up the street.” His smile was gorgeous and how could I say no to those eyes.

“Oh well, I suppose something to eat would be nice.” I walked by his side.

He’d looked familiar for a moment. Everything around me slowed down and blurred out of vision. I’ve seen him before somewhere, in a magazine, or maybe a giant poster, but I’ve seen him before.

Before I knew it we were at the entrance to a nice, and I mean Nice. How does he expect me to pay for this? I hesitated when he opened the door, he reassured me with another smile. I walked in and looked around for a table, I found one not far from the door if something happens. I wasn’t expecting Louis to pull my chair out for me. Where does he come from because his manners and respect is out of this world?

“I’m sorry what was your name again?”

“Louis Banshing. And yours?” He smiled.

I was so mesmerized by him I forgot to introduce myself the first time.

“Oh I’m Katrina Lambi, you can call me Kat.” I smiled and glanced at his smile.

I reached out for the menu and glanced at the prices. They weren't too bad, I mean it's a reasonable price for the drinks but just for a sweet vanilla strawberry tart. Oi…

He waited patiently for me to decide what I wanted. He insisted on paying for the whole order, it didn’t feel right for me to just let him pay for the whole order. It’s not like I spilled coffee on his nice white hoodie. I'll have to give him something back in return for this no doubt, I can’t just let him pay fifty dollars for two cakes and coffees that outrageous.

The nice young lady waitress delivered our cakes on the table delicate and graceful. Her pretty doll face must get her a lot of tips. I grimaced at her perfect smile since when did young women become men magnets. She smiled and fluttered her eyelashes at Louis.

He had leftover coins from the purchase, that he gave to her. That's wasn’t much of a tip at all. I blinked at him, he was so generous to offer me because he ran into me but not to a beautiful girl. He was certainly different that's for sure, I was very curious about his behaviour. I wonder, it's obvious that he’s not from America or New York for that matter. His British, Russian mixed accent was very persuading or was it his looks? I couldn’t quite tell.

“So where are you from Louis?” I sipped my coffee.

“Well, I’m not if you’ve heard of it. A large island, Pentruina.”

My eyes widen, Pentruina? Pentruina was the large island that had only recently been discovered in the Bermuda Triangle. Originally claimed by the British but then joined forces of the Russian appeared and became one. I never really was interested in the new discovery as long as it didn’t affect me.

“Pentruina. Wait how’d you get off the island? I heard that it's pretty hard to get off once your on.”

His eyes tighten just a little and his lips formed a hard line.

“Yes, it is quite hard to leave willingly. Queen’s law, if you live there you stay there. She was very strict on no outsiders. I’m guessing she just didn’t want any unauthorized plans to s her perfect little island.” He averted his eyes from mine.

He’s hiding something. It was as plain as day, and my curiosity was going to eat at me if I didn’t find out was it was he is hiding behind those blue eyes. He glanced back at me and smiled softly. He clinked his utensils to have them pointing perfectly vertical, the old fashion way of noblemen. He was a very interesting man indeed.

“How old are you Louis?” He glanced up, not expecting my question.

“I’m nineteen in two weeks to now.”

So he’s eighteen. What! How does he speak so mature for his age? Isn’t he a little young to have so much money?

“Oh I wasn’t expecting that, I thought you were twenty at least.” I was honest with him. I didn’t want to go making a fool of myself.

He laughed, a full-hearted laugh. It wasn’t loud but enough to see he was happy with what he just heard.

“I’ve heard that so much you have no idea. Lots of people say I’m mature for my age. I always doing something different. I was just raised that way.”

I gazed in awe at him. he is so strange, in a good way. He’s kind, nice plus he’s hot. Maybe I could spend more time with him.

“So what do you plan to do now? Have you got accommodation yet?”

He moved his gaze to his hands on the table and spoke softly, in a way he sounded disappointed with himself.

“No, I haven’t got a clue. No place to stay nothing. I never really planned that part of this whole trip.”

He’s not exactly broke if he can take me this restaurant. However, I don’t know if should let him stay in my apartment. I know it's crazy but maybe I’ll have more of a chance to get to know him. I shouldn’t trust a man I just met but I can’t pass up this opportunity.

“Here’s a crazy idea. How about you stay in my apartment. I have a spare room for guests, great view and I can show you all the sights of New York.”

I saw the excitement and confusement in his eyes.

“Really? That would be great! If it’s not too much of a bother to you.” He smiled widely.

“No, it’s fine I don’t go back to work until next week anyway. So we have a full week to go see the sights.” I smiled back and grabbed my bag.

He quickly got up and pulled the chair for as I got up. I saw the real beauty, not in his looks but in his eyes that show him as a good person. I feel great as we walk out into the street, not far from the apartment. We walked and talked about America’s history, then we moved onto other topics of interests. What each other likes, food, animals and other things. He was a very bubbly person and had lots of interesting quirks.

We walked to my apartment building lobby, it looked a lot like the one out of Curious George. Louis’s eyes lit up when he saw the lobby. I wasn’t quite sure why he was so in awe of this place, it was the cheapest rent for a great room and there was never an apartment not rented out. I suppose he’s never seen anything like this, I had him sign into the visitors manual and he politely asked why.

“Because if you're not registered in the book and there's a fire they won’t know to look for you,” I explained.

He smiled and nodded. I led him to the escalator and up to the tenth floor. We continued our conversation all the way to the tenth floor and walked down the hall to the tenth room.

“Ten, ten. Easy to remember.” He flashed a smile when I opened the door.

My little welcomer yipped and yapped at Louis, wagging his tail profusely. He smiled and laughed at the pup.

“Aww. I love dogs. What’s its name?” He crouched down and patted the happy ball of excitement.

“Her name is, Pearl and she’s a Maltese.” I smiled as she jumped up placing her paws on my legs. She was very happy to see me after a couple of hours, I patted her fluffy, round, adorable head and dumped my bag on the kitchen counter.



© 2019 JWolf


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on March 4, 2019
Last Updated on March 4, 2019
Tags: Romance, Adventure


Author

JWolf
JWolf

Australia



About
I am a young writer. I do as a hobby, which means I may not be here all the time to publish new chapters. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by JWolf


Runaway Prince Runaway Prince

A Chapter by JWolf