Short Story 1: Jack's Christmas

Short Story 1: Jack's Christmas

A Story by Jack Rock

               I‘ve seen this many times now and I always wonder why it is so common whenever I go. No many how worlds I visit, this same familiar scene always happen. The small white dots falling from the sky, thousands or even millions at a time, falling from the sky and landing on anywhere it can land on. The ground is covered in it, accumulating over time make the ground white as well. Not only the ground, but the structures that rose high off the ground, anything man-made or nature is covered by it. Nowhere is safe from it.


               It’s not the white dots I’m concerned about, but the symbols and meanings that change everywhere I look. The colors are always red and green when ether this happens. People up signs of a fat guy in a red suit and his rows of deer’s with antlers, pulling the fat man and his cart with a mysterious bag behind him. Why do people praise him like an overlord? Maybe there is an overlord I wasn’t aware of?


               People covered up the poor trees around the city with junk, big balls of colors ranging of all sorts, sticks that’s stripes red and white, a string of flashing lights all around the tree, and a big star on top. Singling like a beacon to everyone around it. I see children pick the white stuff off the ground and through it at other people, and their all laughing. Who laughs at getting hurt? I seen children also create monsters from the ground as well, their menacing to look at. They just stare at you with a black polka-dotted face, stretching as far as it can. Wearing gloves onto of it arms made of leftover trees. They carry a top hat and a scarf as well; it just creeps me out that people enjoy this.


               There is a message people constantly spread around, This fat man says it every time he appears This message spread like wildfire, its words that hangs up high, to the sounds in the air, and even to its people constantly speaking of it. This phrase they speak of, they always greet people with it, when ether its close friends or complete strangers. They say the words, “Merry Christmas.” It baffles me how much people change with this one phrase. One month ago, this was just another city, but now. People are always smiling, singing along to the 10 songs that repeats on the radio. Was everyone brainwashed to enjoy this?


            “Hey Jack?” I was startled, Tom showed up beside me.

 

“Yes Tom?” He looks at me in the eye, “Do you know anything 


about Christmas?” 



            “No.” He groans for a long time, “Of course you don’t.”

© 2019 Jack Rock


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

20 Views
Added on December 23, 2019
Last Updated on December 23, 2019

Author

Jack Rock
Jack Rock

About
I'm going to dump all my ideas down, its up to you if you like it or not, Don't expect to much from me. more..

Writing