Melting Through The Bottle

Melting Through The Bottle

A Story by Jack The Rabbit
"

A bit of imagination from the mind of yours truly.

"
     The two-liter of Sprite was on it's side, laying patiently on the conveyor belt. I considered it for a moment then reached out, brushing the smooth manufactured bottle with my finger tips. My imagination gave way and the thin plastic melted beneath my touch. My fingers submerged into the cool soda and I smiled at the feeling of carbonation bubbles. The plastic rippled like water, pooling out and fading with distance before altogether dissipating. All at once the bottle was taken from beneath my hand, the cashier oblivious to my acid-like delusions. The magic of childhood creativity was once again rebuffed by the harsh reality of life and I was left sinking back into the ever-maturing suit of my shell.

© 2010 Jack The Rabbit


Author's Note

Jack The Rabbit
I'm really not on drugs, I swear. Has anyone else imagined something like this?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Trippy. I dig it.
And more importantly, I can see it. Yes, I've had moments like this looking at random items. Escape into fantasy... not even really that. He's imagining what it would be like to reach through the plastic and into the soda...all the while the conveyor belt is moving and some faceless cashier waits. Enter reality.
I think as artists, we all have these moments.


Posted 13 Years Ago


Thank you, Rabbit F. Much obliged.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very descriptive. The last sentence for some reason strikes a cord in me, I don't know how to word it.
Very nice write. :)

~Rabbit F.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I would love to read your imaginings, Seirai. It's always nice to know I'm not alone when these things play out in my mind. Thank you for the complement as well, I appreciate it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the simplicity and innocence of it at the start. The bit of cynicism at the end rounds this out perfectly.

Of course you're not on drugs, though. I have done this type of thing as well. In fact, I was about to post one that was a result of one of these little imaginings, if you would care to read...

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 9, 2010
Last Updated on July 9, 2010

Author

Jack The Rabbit
Jack The Rabbit

Orldando, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
Jack is an alias that just happens to sound cool with 'Rabbit'. Both are names that I'll go by. I'm from Florida and I've been trying to get some stuff out in the world. My writings are all origin.. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Jack The Rabbit



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..