Continuation of a Note Only Relative to the Author.

Continuation of a Note Only Relative to the Author.

A Story by Jack V.
"

This is a pickup from Parts 1 and 2 speaking about depression and moving forward. I'm merely focused on moving ahead one day at a time. This part focuses on trying to find Today.

"

Continuation from Parts 1 and 2. Part 3. Let’s focus on Today.

 

We’re going to pick up where I left off yesterday. Tomorrow hasn’t come but when I remember to pay attention, I’m aware there is a Today. So what’s happening in the great and glorious life of Ms. Jack V? Hmm…

            Because I haven’t much motivation to act on my life’s goals, I arose late in the afternoon; I think it was 11 am. The alarms always go off, twice, thrice, and I usually set at least two at a time, but I’ve learned to sleep through them. I won’t wake on time until this Saturday and Sunday. I have a book signing coming up, a great opportunity to get my name out there, some publicity. If you’re in the area, Ann Arbor, come out to Espresso Royale on Plymouth road from 12-3. I’ll be there.

            I talk a big talk and get too excited in the limelight; the possibility of a meager limelight. But, I’ve got something good to look forward to this weekend and not much happening elsewhere; except the demanding need for hard work and perseverance for the remaining scraps of the week. I must call a few other places and organize more book signings, readings, motivational what-have-you events.

            Before I continue you must know I day-dream far too often for my own health. Duke Dumont, I got you, is playing. “Ask me what I did with my life, I spent it with you. If I lose my fame and fortune, really don’t matter baby, as long as I got you baby.” Opening lyrics. The video is of a man using a virtual reality machine to live out a fantasy in Thailand where he catches Ten’s as if it were LeBron throwing them out because he found an Eleven.

            I’ve been watching this video for a year wanting that life. Everything happening in my day-to-day would halt for a full 3 minutes and 58 seconds so I could think I was somewhere else. I wonder what would happen to my family if I just left for Thailand, for 3 minutes and 58 seconds. Not sure they would notice actually. Bizarre since family was the reason I decided to stay in America and not leave for a year long trip to Ireland. We don’t need to open that jar today. Just know those 3 minutes and 58 seconds are my Tomorrow.

           

A step back. Part 2.5. Yesterday and two conversations.

 

“Coffee ___, this is X, how may we help you today?”

            “Yes, hi. My name is Jack V. I’m a Detroit local artist trying to find an opportunity to offer my book for sale. I was wondering if I might come into your establishment some time and sit at a table and offer my book for sale, while drawing in a crowd for you as well.”

            (Actual conversation(s) which took place yesterday.)

            “That sounds great actually,” conversation 1 replies. Conversation 2 then states, “Well, how about I give your name and number to the owner and have them give you a call back?”

            “Okay, well do you have an e-mail address so that I can send further information?” I ask during conversation 1.

            “Yes, sure, of course. My name is ____ (I give my real name), and my phone number is ___ (I give my real phone number). When do you think I can expect a call back?” The call back from conversation 2, nine times out of ten, will likely never occur, but this is the speech you must endure to remain the professional.

            “You can e-mail ___ (and said person gives me a real name) @ coffee ___. This sounds like a great opportunity. Thanks for your call today.” Conversation 1 is nice and eager. They think I might be famous and that I’ll draw in some business.

            “Um, I’m not sure,” replies the inexperienced person with polite brush-offs from conversation 2. “But I’ll be sure to give them your name and number. Have a good day.”

            “Thank you, enjoy your day.”

            Click. Click. Both conversations are over. I go to sleep and I wake late the next day because I hate soliciting and cold calls are the worst for both members.

© 2015 Jack V.


Author's Note

Jack V.
Depression is miserable; focus on encouraging dialogue and staying close to one another.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

364 Views
Added on September 3, 2015
Last Updated on September 3, 2015
Tags: Depression, motivation, moving ahead, waking up, life after college, let's try today

Author

Jack V.
Jack V.

Farmington Hills, MI



About
I'm a self-publishing, freelance author living in Michigan. I appreciate detailed description, and therefore I must warn my audience, many oeuvre contain graphic imagery. The topic surrounds, physical.. more..

Writing
Preface Preface

A Chapter by Jack V.


Dear gay child Dear gay child

A Story by Jack V.