I See You in My Dreams

I See You in My Dreams

A Poem by Boris Jonathan Novak
"

When you have that fitful sleep over someone.

"
Butterflies silhouetted you like an ephemeral veil as you'd waited for me patiently at eternity's far off shore.
Our ship of love, docked with a tether, our eyes intently locked into forever, as we smiled, almost floating together. There we were, just the us two, locked in our embrace, and nothing have I ever desired more.
Your heart whispered my name, and from the deepest depths of serenity, my soul arose from its slumber.
We boarded and parted from life's waking lies; we ventured and started our journey through breathtaking skies. Onward we sailed, severing all earthly ties, allowing the orchestra to play our number.
I see you in my dreams, and we waltz with each other. We traverse all of time, unfettered by mere earthly ropes.
And so it was forth and onward we had drifted, and with eyes forwardly shifted, our gaze toward what was gifted -- nothing would stand between us -- or dare intervene in our destiny of unspoken hopes.
But as I leaned in for a kiss, the silhouette dispersed and quickly faded, as did my vision so clear and dearly true.
And my heart mortally pained, almost bleeding; and the dreams I'd gained, now were receding. And my pillow sorrowfully stained, the tears were proceeding, flowing with memories -- ephemeral memories of you.

© 2022 Boris Jonathan Novak


Author's Note

Boris Jonathan Novak
This is meant to flow slightly in fits and starts. It's like when you're trying hard not to wake up from some disturbance, because our dream was too good to leave behind. But the dream... sadly, it always ends.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

448 Views
Added on October 2, 2014
Last Updated on February 21, 2022
Tags: emotional, dreams, eternal love

Author

Boris Jonathan Novak
Boris Jonathan Novak

Home is where the heart is, CA



About
I love getting into "the zone" where the ideas keep flowing. It's like nothing else. I look forward to meeting other writers, sharing thoughts, and making new friends. To me, writing is the ultimate c.. more..

Writing