Love a living love.

Love a living love.

A Poem by Outcast
"

Life can be hard, love can be harder, don't quit.

"
It's hard to say what is what isn't and what will be. 

It's impossible to say sticks and stones "Will never hurt me"

Because an insult might as well be a burn and bullies are the kerosene.

Leaving us to believe that nothing is possible, despite the impossible being our dream.

Live the dream like how you live yesterday right now.

Live like if you died tomorrow you could write the formula for happiness and at your funeral you could take a bow.

Love like your pancreas needs insulin and be the opposite of everything they tell you are. Show them how.

Wear your heart on your sleeve .

Just because it isn't made of gold doesn't mean we don' want to see.

Wear the rust like you were your failures that happens day in and day out.

Tell her that you love her even though "Hi" has never even escaped your mouth.

The worst that could happen backwards tells you to keep the faintly lit light on
And as your heart bleeds out the blues write another lyric and sing another song.

Paint another picture and dance like no one is watching, because there will be someone who constructed the sun for you just so they could keep you in orbit around them.

 Sticks and stones will break my bones and love will try to kill you.

But the pain of knowing you still have perfection to strive for is better than having nothing left for you.

Just because there's no surgery for a broken heart doesn't mean there aren't friends in your hearts ER. 

Just because you can't cut away the pain doesn't mean it has to leave a scar.
Make your heart a battleground that's prepared for every love note box bomb checked "no" that gets chucked your way. 

Go back to Kindergarden where your heart was a water fountain that never ran out.

Don't let your heart become a statue leaving your brain to think and you to pout.

And just because it takes you a while to the glue the pieces back doesn't mean that it doesn't erase.

Because a heart was made to forgive. Like how you're forgotten by the one you chased.

And after every love you'll feel like most uphills are mountains and the downhills are cliffs, but how can you find if you stop looking?

 Search for your own bliss. 1% Pain, and 99% regret.

 But life will always be a seesaw that has less to do with remorse... And more to do with acceptance.

© 2013 Outcast


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was truly a spectacular write. The way you broke up your poem put more of an affect on the words. This creation is full of truth and I really enjoyed reading it. :]

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was truly a spectacular write. The way you broke up your poem put more of an affect on the words. This creation is full of truth and I really enjoyed reading it. :]

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 13, 2013
Last Updated on November 13, 2013

Author

Outcast
Outcast

About
I'm Jacob - 17. I'm mostly a singer/songwriter/guitar player. However, I do thoroughly enjoy writing poetry; if you happen to read some of my work, please let me know what you think. more..

Writing