Becomings of pain; belongings of existence: All Encompassing Diary.

Becomings of pain; belongings of existence: All Encompassing Diary.

A Poem by Outcast
"

Journal entry one; July 23, 2015:

"
“I’m just really fucked up in the head,” she said. To which he replied: “So am I.”
You are not mis-imagined or mal-represented in my mind.
You are you.
And that is all I want.
I sat there, mesmerized, wishing I had a note so that I could write “aLl I WanT iS youR HanD Laced iN mInE.”
So that maybe it could have worked for once.
Maybe the pain wouldn’t set in - maybe the strings inside of me wouldn’t have snapped quite so hard.
But I sit here, agonizing, because I’ve realized that people are broken in certain ways, and those ways are irreparable. They can’t ever be fixed - and the worst part is that I have been trampled on and been made meager in more ways than one.
I, like many others, am destroyed, but I would give anything to be ruined in only a singular manner.
Monsters are real, and ghosts are real, too - but they don’t hide under our beds, they, instead, live inside of us.
They don’t tell us that we’re born to bend until we break - not when we’re young.
This, I believe, is the reason we grow up to coexist with the most heinous of creatures.
You see, the more of the light we corrupt, the heavier we seemingly become.
There is nothing heavier than the weight of emptiness; the darker we become, it is also apparent that we expand to a much denser, much more lonely, and much more pitiful existence.
The light believes it is the fastest entity to exist, but what it does not realize is that no matter where it goes - and no matter how fast, the darkness is always there… waiting.

© 2015 Outcast


Author's Note

Outcast
As the title states, this is a diary. It is going to be a series that I will upload once a day or once every few days. Please let me know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
Added on August 12, 2015
Last Updated on August 12, 2015

Author

Outcast
Outcast

About
I'm Jacob - 17. I'm mostly a singer/songwriter/guitar player. However, I do thoroughly enjoy writing poetry; if you happen to read some of my work, please let me know what you think. more..

Writing