Sirens

Sirens

A Poem by JacqMarie
"

a rhyming poem that I hate S

"

Sirens I can hear, they aren't far away. They get closer to you every day. Sirens I wish would just come then pass, knowing too well I keep them coming fast.

Knowing they'd like to be pet them on your lap.


The red orange and white of the sirens they scream, wanting just the most normal of dreams. Wanting you to quell my deceits, all while I pack my bags up to leave, get my bags and I'm free. 

© 2013 JacqMarie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

hahaha, so funny u mentioned that. I hate that line. I forgot to take it out. thanks, I'll prolly keep it in the collection.. I guess, if I have to haha

Posted 11 Years Ago


"Knowing they'd like to be pet them on your lap. " this line sounded a little awkward. I like this a lot, it maybe needs more imagery of those oncoming sirens. Rhyming is actually appropriate here, because just like the bubble on the top of an ambulance or cop car repetitively spins around and around with the same flashing lights, so can the wods be made to do the same, and with the correct rhythm, you could make the poem sound like a speeding ambulance headed your way. Could make the reader feel like they need to pull over to the side of the road, if you get my drift. Nice words, old friend of mine. Hope all's well.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 26, 2013
Last Updated on January 26, 2013

Author

JacqMarie
JacqMarie

Petoskey, MI



About
I write to feel better, or to feel something. I find myself very detached from my reality and especially my relationships there in. I've always been this way, daily life can feel like a movie and I'm .. more..

Writing
Ours Ours

A Poem by JacqMarie





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114