Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Trapped. - KM

Trapped. - KM

A Chapter by Jae

Maggie rushed around the kitchen making sure she had Fayella’s breakfast set. She’d be getting up anytime soon now. Maggie worked every day, until 6 pm. Her boss had promoted her also, and she gets the great news today. Fayella always believed that Mr. Dayant had a thing for Maggie, but she’d just brush it off with a, ‘Doubt it.’

“Morning mom.” Maggie about had a heart attack. She touched her chest and took a deep breathe. “Morning honey. Sleep well?” Fayella hunched herself on the countertop, and mumbled, “Could have been better. Those freaking dogs are annoying.” Maggie shook her head. She set a plate of food in front of Fayella. “I have to head to work, the chores list is on the fridge.” Maggie hugged her daughter and left for work.


Fayella finished the rest of her plate and set it in the sink. She wasn’t ready for a new school year, nor was she ready for ‘independent teachings’ her mother was planned to force her through. She just wanted to take junior year slow and steady, along with her best friend Shelby.  Shelby had been by Fayellas’ side since freshman year. It wasn’t the greatest way to meet somebody, unless you call hitting her with the bathroom door in a restaurant. Ever since then they have never been separated. A teenager needs somebody else around, especially if your mother is overbearing and protective.


Fayella


Shelby should be here any minute by now. She isn’t what you’d expect. Definitely not like me, high heels, pink nails. No, she’s punk. Most importantly, she is my punk girl. Just in time as I threw my backpack over my shoulder a car horn sounded outside. I flattened out my dress and shut the door. “Hey Fay!” I waved awkwardly and got into the black Kia. Yeah, I know. I love Kia’s too.


The ride to school was a slow ten minutes. Shelby’s group of friends hugged her and asked how her summer was, and I watched as they completely ignored me. I just don’t fit in that well. “Alright, so this Friday my mom gets paid, and she’s giving me money to go shopping. In?” I shrugged. “Don’t know if my mom would let me.” The bell rung for first hour and Shelby and I rushed to class and gladly we made it. Before the teacher began talking Shelby whispered, “Why are you trapped?”

Why am I trapped?



© 2014 Jae


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on April 23, 2014
Last Updated on April 23, 2014


Author

Jae
Jae

NY



About
I am currently 16 years old, i have been writing poems and stories ever since i was 10. I feel that it's a way of expressing myself, and i'd love to share it with others. more..

Writing
Take Me Anywhere Take Me Anywhere

A Story by Jae


Back Story : KM Back Story : KM

A Chapter by Jae


Kiss Me Kiss Me

A Book by Jae