What's mine is yours, and what's yours is ours

What's mine is yours, and what's yours is ours

A Poem by SuicidePact.
"

Can you figure out what this is about? thats my challenge to you.

"

forehead sweating,

tears streaming.

agony forms within me.

I can't breathe I can't speak

all I can do is scream

 

i grab your hand and you yelp in pain

you don't even know what that means..

all the things you've put me through

it's been such a long journey

but now its time to move on

and start a new one.

 

I wanna run I wanna hide.

but that is not an option

it's killing me deep inside

as the door slowly widens

and here she comes

straight through the opening,

 

i gasp and i cry

my baby girl has just entered the world

and all is forgiven

all the pain was worth all the joy in this world.

what's mine is yours and whats yours is ours.

 

 

 

© 2012 SuicidePact.


Author's Note

SuicidePact.
a poem about one of the most beautiful things you can experience,

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was a very unique view of child birth, and very well done. It misleads the reader with the first few stanzas but in the end you make it very clear what the piece was about. Birth. This was still a very unique and well penned and i like the mystery that you wove through the piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

well written. well hidden :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I had a feeling it was about child birth before you gave it away :) very good poem :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


enjoyed despite uncertainty at beginning.

Posted 11 Years Ago


tis realy good.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is amazing!! i agree totally misleading at the beginning, very well done!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Whilst childbirth is a wonderful experience for most, there are those of us who have to deal with the other side. My son was born into this world through a troubled labor complicated by a doctor who "Didn't have the time". After he broke her water, he left to tend to another labor procedure. In his rush to break the water, my sons' umbilical cord got wrapped around his neck. Each push instructed by the replacement doctor resulted in my son being strangled. An emergency C-section was warranted, and though they were screams of terror, they were the most melodic sounds I have ever heard in my life. I am, however, glad that yours was a more beautiful endeavor. Congratulations to you and yours.

Posted 11 Years Ago


very nice. i liked the fast, suscpensful pace of this peace, and then the very rewarding ending wraps it up nicely. great job! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I really like this poem. A little mystery and then the reveal! So true, giving birth is the most painful yet joyous experience with an outcome like no other.

You've missed an apostrophe in the last line - should read - "what's yours is ours".

Great poem. Thank you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is a great poem! The imagery is very good. I didn't know exactly what it was about until the third stanza, 5th and 6th lines. This is an accurate description, the pain and agony, but as soon as that baby appears, all is forgotten! Great write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very nice :) I love the mystery in the first two stanzas. This an awesomely unique poem! I really liked that you chose this as your topic for this poem. Its not a subject that gets a lot of attention in poetry. But, you took that subject and made into a beautiful poem for all excited readers to enjoy! Really great poem!!

~Destiny

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1737 Views
78 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on March 7, 2012
Last Updated on March 7, 2012

Author

SuicidePact.
SuicidePact.

Not telling!, SecretVille., Australia



About
You'll find a lot about me through my writing. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..