Letter from daddy.

Letter from daddy.

A Poem by SuicidePact.

Dear Daughter,

I think of you always, forever you are in my heart.

I remember the good things, and cherish the great.

I love you my darling, please look after my wife,

Your mother is an angel, a gift from up above.

I long for the day, we meet again young one.

I hate that it has come to this, I regret having to leave.

If it wasn’t for my country, I’d be sure that I’m to live.

I love you my daughter, remember me each day.

For if you are now to read this, it means that i am dead.

We shall meet again one day my dear, so don’t forget my face.

I’ll meet you by the pearly gates, wearing the watch you made me.

Goodnight my precious baby, Goodbye, and farewell.

With eternal love,

Your beloved father.

 

Date of death: March 22nd 1939

© 2012 SuicidePact.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It's terrible for those families who's fathers, mothers, sisters, or brothers go to war. And it's even more terrible when they're lost in the fight. They're always missed. They are our heros. And they keep our country safe for future generations. This poem is a wonderful tribute to them. They fight for us, and we'll see them again in heaven, where we all can neither feel pain, nor sorrow. Beautiful poem. Good work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Is this like a real letter from your dad(if 1939 is the date I doubt it) or perhaps your granddad?
Ok, back to the poem. It was good nice and sweet, but I feel you should look at your punctuation a bit-you could use a comma after 'please' in the sentence please look after my wife. It would make it more desperate. A comma after 'a gift' as you're not using 'and'. Please change 'i' to 'I' in the line about 'if it weren't for my country..'
I know I'm a real put off but I just feel this poem is a bit hollow, devoid if emotions. I would have liked it to fill my heart, make me cry and feel sorry for this poor man and girl. You could try changing the words a bit to fulfil that criticism?
I still liked the poem, no matter what I say... Have a good day!

Posted 12 Years Ago


A piece such as this has a special place. It reminds me of my own father a bit although he is dead now. He committed suicide when I was five years old.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was so sad and heartfelt.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A prayer, a most concise piece, well done, good read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Amen! Jesus would smile upon such grace, praise Him for allowing your father to enter you previously before proud America took him for rigorous causes (that pain). You will meet again when the hour strikes 12x35&the hymn grows out of the bell tower like a diaphanous smoke cloud! Rejoyce! Much love to your father and to you, bless you all with the showers of God's grace and my humble piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow, he actually left you this ?
No wait how is that possible if he died on March 22nd 1939?

Posted 12 Years Ago


this is so beautiful, your father had so much love for you, thank you sharing. it is a powerful piece full with so much love. may his soul rest in peace.

Posted 12 Years Ago



5
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1346 Views
47 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on March 22, 2012
Last Updated on March 22, 2012

Author

SuicidePact.
SuicidePact.

Not telling!, SecretVille., Australia



About
You'll find a lot about me through my writing. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..