(please help me name this.)

(please help me name this.)

A Poem by SuicidePact.

I can’t stop falling, even if I could I wouldn’t.

I just need to keep punishing myself, for all my mistakes.

Nowhere near perfection, I’m no bloody saint.

I just want my own easy escape, my personal getaway.

I can’t look into the mirror without filling my eyes with hateful tears.

It’s like I hate what I see, like i wish I wasn’t me.

You’ve seen the way they look at me, the way the snicker and stare.

If you were me you’d know exactly how that feels, exactly why I can’t deal.

© 2012 SuicidePact.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Personal Getaway? I name my own work, and I don't really believe in correction or anything like that. Art is what you make of it, not what someone tells you is misspelled or imperfect. Its what you think is perfect that matters, others only comment to correct or judge for self gratification. I guess its like an "I did something today" issue that's self evident. Good luck with naming your work. Cheers, have a good day. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Nowhere Near Perfection

Posted 12 Years Ago


I read the other reviews, and it seems "Personal Getaway" is the favored name for this piece. I might call it "Expiation."

Posted 12 Years Ago


I personally can't think of a name for this piece, but it sounds kinda sad and depressing, but I still enjoyed reading it, thanks for sharing (:

Posted 12 Years Ago


emotive and real, a good self-analysis, and one i can empathise with from my younger years, and still in part do. Thankyou.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A great poem! But I don't know about the title though. Maybe something like "Shattered Depths".

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like personal Getaway. But i also like "Imperfect Imperfections"

Posted 12 Years Ago


Just about every day this is the way I feel. Except for the second line. I learned that everybody else wants to try to punish me. Then again the good news is that I learned to deal. What makes that even better is that everybody else stops trying to punish you after a short while. It doesn't take away from the tormenting feelings at the time, but after you've learned to deal, and the bonus of them stopping, you end up stronger. Take the parenthesis off, and there's your title.

Posted 12 Years Ago


'IF YOU WERE ME' that's what I'd go for. You nailed down that 'no one understands me' felling perfectly. We understand you :)))

Posted 12 Years Ago


Although I cannot help with a title because I suck at titles this is still every bit amazing. I think the starting lines really gave me a hook because I have felt like this on so many occasions and it just seems to suck more and more you are stuck there. Anyway I really liked this wonderfully penned poem. It has everything I could actually detail and use to identify with.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The Injustice! x

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1050 Views
54 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 23, 2012
Last Updated on March 23, 2012

Author

SuicidePact.
SuicidePact.

Not telling!, SecretVille., Australia



About
You'll find a lot about me through my writing. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..