(please help me name this.)

(please help me name this.)

A Poem by SuicidePact.

I can’t stop falling, even if I could I wouldn’t.

I just need to keep punishing myself, for all my mistakes.

Nowhere near perfection, I’m no bloody saint.

I just want my own easy escape, my personal getaway.

I can’t look into the mirror without filling my eyes with hateful tears.

It’s like I hate what I see, like i wish I wasn’t me.

You’ve seen the way they look at me, the way the snicker and stare.

If you were me you’d know exactly how that feels, exactly why I can’t deal.

© 2012 SuicidePact.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Personal Getaway? I name my own work, and I don't really believe in correction or anything like that. Art is what you make of it, not what someone tells you is misspelled or imperfect. Its what you think is perfect that matters, others only comment to correct or judge for self gratification. I guess its like an "I did something today" issue that's self evident. Good luck with naming your work. Cheers, have a good day. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Before snicker, add the "y" to the. I'd like the last line to read, "exactly why it's too hard to bare", just cuz it rhymes with stare. I know it doesn't HAVE to rhyme, but that's just me:):) I'd title it, If You Were Me. None of us are saints and you should cut yourself some slack. It's difficult for people to like and love you if you don't like yourself. Good poem!

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
lei
Falling...? (like what MIchelle said...)

.. this is sad but beautifully written...!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Falling?

I really like this. As others have said, its poetic and sounds like the lyrics to a song. I really enjoyed reading this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this one... its real, it reminds me of lyrics from a song... depressing yes but very good. I'm beginning to take back what i said about being positive haha. i feel like the title should have something to do with reality, because these thoughts are so real, so vivid. i would name it something like There Is No Escape From Reality or something like that haha but very nice job! i like it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Harsh personal criticism. You'd likely find yourself the only one powering your self flaggelation. Sometimes lost and repentent overmaster one's worthy qualities. "The Reflection"

Posted 12 Years Ago


Easy Escape, may be a way to get past the pain, but there is an easier way to say, I'd do it all over again. Love who you see. In your words, felt with heart, I've been there before knocking on Death's door, banging, let me in or I'll scream!

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Roe
Great write! Sad but really good

Posted 12 Years Ago


You could probably find one if you read it to somebody...sometimes it just hits when you say the words to another...not yourself in the mirror (I've tried that.. doesn't help when you aren't that hip on the person looking back at you..) But anyway, your poem was very direct and had punch to the feelings portrayed... always going back to what is seen or what you dislike, then they should as well.. It's a very good internal struggle you have put down, in very expressive words and thoughts...this was a connectable piece on many different levels of self worth. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like " Nowhere near Perfection".......fits the poem nicelyy :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


How about "A Day in the Life"?

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1050 Views
54 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 23, 2012
Last Updated on March 23, 2012

Author

SuicidePact.
SuicidePact.

Not telling!, SecretVille., Australia



About
You'll find a lot about me through my writing. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..