The Future.

The Future.

A Poem by SuicidePact.

I can see the future, when I close my eyes.

I can hardly wait, to approach its surprise.

I want lots of money,

I want lots of friends.

A great big house, on a nice block of land,

I want lots of children, that’s the life for me.

They‘d sure keep me busy.

I’d write during the night,

And work in the day.

Weekends for my man, when we’d get to play ;)

I can see the future, when I close my eyes.

I can hardly wait, to approach its surprise.

© 2012 SuicidePact.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was really so sweet.
I wonder about future, but i would never try to expect, just hope for the beeest:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sweet hopes, sweet dreams, sweet words. May all of your wishes come into your life

Posted 12 Years Ago


It feels like a moment removed from worry wherein the narrator can think of only the positive in a selfish uncompromising way. Somehow seems a bit sorrowful, as if it will never come to this. I might be reading this wring but I enjoyed the poem interpreting it this way!

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
☯
I also think about the future often. I have mixed feelings about it though. One part of me yearns for it, the other wants to stay a teenager forever. But I really liked the rhyming and playing tune it had. Great job! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great rhyme scheme! When thinking about the future or any point in time for that matter, I think people often get too caught up in them. They either stay and live in fear of their past, or are far too concerned with the future and they forget about today. Live for today, today. And worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A very beautiful and positive poem. It flows nicely which made reading it fun. I like the message in this...having hopes for one's life in the future is only good. Hope keeps us all going especially when times get hard. A truly wonderful poem!

Posted 12 Years Ago


The flow of this is really good on the terminal rhymes. The capitalization of every line even when it doesn't start a new sentence is a bit off putting though. Capitalization (in my opinion) should be reserved for the beginning of new sentences, proper names and first person pronouns. But that's just a suggestion. It's a lovely thing to contemplate the future and all we hope it to be. Children, a fulfilling career, loving husband, home and all that. Hopefully the reality meets the expectations.

Blessings, Tammy

Posted 12 Years Ago


That's the spirit! The hopefulness and promise in this is well written. Life is full of things you don't plan, but enjoy the journey!

Posted 12 Years Ago


It usually is a big surprise. My life is not what I had planned nor even could have expected. But I wouldn't have changed the choices I made if I knew in advance.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1288 Views
63 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 6, 2012
Last Updated on April 6, 2012

Author

SuicidePact.
SuicidePact.

Not telling!, SecretVille., Australia



About
You'll find a lot about me through my writing. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..