Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Jag
"

Young girl and her father meet up with a stranger who wanders onto their farm.

"
Jed miller was retrieving the slop bucket from the barn on his hog farm that he and his young daughter ran. After filling the hog trough Jed headed back to the house to see how Anna was fairing. Anna hasn't been feeling well for the past few days and Jed wanted to keep a close eye on her in case she got any worse. If that happened they'd have to get the team hitched for a ride into Lorado to see doc franks. Anna always had a transparent smile pasted on whenever her father came around as if to tell him not to worry about her. She's good and getting better. She tried to convey but Jed knew better.
Hi daddy Anna said on a cheery facade.
How ya feeling Anna Jed asked as he removed his work cloths.
Feeling better than I did yesterday. But I just can't seem to lick this bug that's got me. I'm sure ill be good as new tomorrow and ill be able to help you with chores again so u dont have to work so hard.
Oh honey don't you worry about me. I can manage things fine. U just concentrate on getting better.
Anna slid the bowl of stew she had prepared on front of her father and kissed him on the forehead. I love you daddy. She murmured
Yea I live you too sweetheart. Jed said to her back as she returned to the sitting room to retake her spot beneath the blankets on her bed roll.
Sweetheart, did you eat? Jed asked
Yea dad I ate before u came in.
Looking over the countertop in the prep area Jed saw no crockery in need of cleaning and solemnly shook his head.
From the yard Jed heard a ruckus involving the chickens. Dam foxes again Jed thought as he grabbed his rifle and headed out.
The sun had just dipped below the horizon as twilight engulfed the day. Jed saw the chickens heading into the coop but saw no sign of what startled them. Out of the corner of his eye Jed saw the side door on the main barn latch closed.
Never knew any fox that could latch a door. He mumbled to himself.
Jed walked cautiously toward the barn as he cocked the 30/30 loudly.
Hello there Jed shouted toward the barn door. I think u may be found your way onto the wrong farm my friend he said in a firm but friendly voice.
I don't want any trouble so y doncha come on out and talk to me.
After what seemed like forever Jed noticed the barn door latch lift as the door opened slowly.
I beg your pardon sir called a man voice from the doorway. I didn't mean any trouble I was just passing through and hoped to take shelter in your barn thru the night till this coming storm passes then I was going to sneak out in the morning before anyone was the wiser. The man slowly stepped from the barn door keeping his hands clearly visible. You don't need the gun sir ill leave your property straight away.
Now just hold on there Jed interrupted you asked me for use of my barn for shelter and I think I should get to answer don't you?
Oh umm yes yes sir.
Alright then, first off I forgive your trespass as u asked and your more than welcome to take shelter in the barn long as you don't rile the hogs and u leave it in better shape than you found it. Sound fair to you my friend Jed asked as he lowered the rifle and extended his hand.
An uneasy smile spread across the strangers face as he slowly walked toward Jed and accepted his hand.
Names Jed Curry, Jed said as he shook the strangers hand.
My names Tate sir. Glad to meet you.


© 2013 Jag


Author's Note

Jag
Please comment on my strengths and or weaknesses. I wish to become a good writer. Thanks for your time. Jag

Plz excuse grammar.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
Added on June 10, 2013
Last Updated on June 10, 2013
Tags: Vampire, immortal, supernatural


Author

Jag
Jag

WI



About
I love reading books and my wife told me I should try writing something sometime, so I did and I can't stop Now. It's my passion now so I'm hoping to get some Feedback and learn a thing or fifty a.. more..

Writing
Forever Young Forever Young

A Book by Jag


Kids at Play Kids at Play

A Chapter by Jag


Just Me Just Me

A Book by Jag