An Untold Letter to BFFs

An Untold Letter to BFFs

A Story by Miyank
"

Published in the anthology, "The Unsaid Feelings"

"
Raj and Yashi,



How should I express myself so you guys don't call my phone and start scolding? You saved me. At least, saved my leftover school life. Sound filmy. Can't help it.

I mean before meeting you guys, I was a shuttle, bullied by stronger, handsome kids despite me being the oldest of the bunch. So many of my new year resolutions were wasted on my resolve of not meeting anyone from my older schools.

Most of my nights were spent thinking about a new excuse to avoid waking up for school. Never bought a mobile phone until I graduated from school. In the corner of staircases, where no one could see me, I cried. It was horrifying, the fights I got into and the names they called me.

What I became was a coward, an introvert, a defeatist, a shut-in? What I became was the worst version of me.

But I changed.

How?

I met you guys.

With you guys, I can be myself. I can appreciate myself. You guys are my brothers and sisters. The snarky comments, less but fulfilling conversations, and occasional and short but those fun outings really do remind me that there is hope. There are good people in the world. Surely we may not speak too often, maybe for months, which annoys me but I know you guys will always be present.

I am not fit.

I am not handsome.

I am not the smartest.

I am not the richest.

But you guys made me value who I am and what I am.

Now I am more confident.

More Independent

More social.

If you guys are reading this, you will think I am over exaggerating. Maybe? Who knows? Maybe you can agree on one part, you never mind my lame annoying conversations.

I want to say a lot more things. Maybe I could say this to you guys face to face someday. However, today, let me end with a short and simple...

Thank You

© 2020 Miyank


Author's Note

Miyank
Please do a review, and give your opinions. I love the negatives.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

14 Views
Added on April 11, 2020
Last Updated on April 11, 2020
Tags: letter, friends, short story, thank you

Author

Miyank
Miyank

Delhi-NCR, Haryana, India



About
I never want to write something great and magnificent. I want to write what I can at best of my abilities and share it with everyone. Isn't it nice to be a writer who can create thousands of world wit.. more..

Writing
Scream Scream

A Poem by Miyank