My Fairest Beauty

My Fairest Beauty

A Poem by James Mayfield
"

Dedicated to my fiance.

"

My fairest beauty

Clothed in petals and silks

Laying amidst the dew laden blades

Beneath yonder willow tree

 

Her skin as pale as porcelain

With the faintest champagne blush

Her caress is warmth incarnate

Soft as a summers breeze

 

She is my gloried savior

Leading me through the tangled paths

Of my nearly broken mind

Soothing as the balm of Eros

 

Her eyes flash as diamonds

Laden with mischief

As she casts a playful smile

Uplifting my spirit with the merest glance

 

She is my fairest beauty

Clothed in petals and silks

Who lies amidst the dew laden blades

Beneath yonder willow tree.

© 2008 James Mayfield


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow mate, I love the picture you paint with this piece, very captervating and wonderous. A really great write....!!!


Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very warm hearted and sweet... you are definatly in love your words can't hide that.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was a very beautiful write. Your fiance should feel so loved! I know I would. This is truley sweet and romantic. Very beautiful.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was a beautiful poem of love. I know you will write something for the wedding. You will make her break and cry. lol. You know just the right words. Congratulations to the both of you. Rain..

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sweet, yet deceitful, sounds like shes a heart braker or something like it. You give her a timid image and shortly after you say

Her eyes flash as diamonds
Laden with mischief
As she casts a playful smile
Uplifting my spirit with the merest glance

Which makes me think that shes in the path deceit. Is hard to explain, Im sitting here just trying to figure her out, but im confuce about her evil ways, sounds like all the women in my life who claim to love me and care for me and turn around and said it was all a game and playtime is over. I know that look, that smile and i guess this is why is so hard to describe. I just know if i see it again ill be the first to head for the door and never look back..

Thank you for the request and keep them coming...
One!


Posted 16 Years Ago


This is a very beautiful tribute to your love.. Hold tight to one another! Sounds as though you both have found what takes most people a lifetime to attain. Take care~~~

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

beautiful work... I really enjoyed this piece.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a beautifully crafted piece. It's truly a work of art. Your words paint a beautiful picture and flow wonderfully on the page.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"My fairest beauty

Clothed in petals and silks

Laying amidst the dew laden blades

Beneath yonder willow tree"
James uses exotic words of seduction with a classical language of early European marvels such as these. Very romantic and enticing like two hundred year old wine. The writer effortlessly whisks the reader away into a portrait of ancient Greece and unspoken love. This is a very captivating piece filled with tenderness and vivid imagery. I'm covetous and privileged for such a divine poem. I can not give any critique, only applause.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

so romantic, i bet your fiance really appreciated this. very sensual words and the reader could tell how much you love her with every word they read. excellent job! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Gorgeous poem, great visualization

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

662 Views
41 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 7, 2008

Author

James Mayfield
James Mayfield

Clarksville, TN



About
I am tired of the usual drivel that I have here. Yes, I was writing in High School. I was apparently doing a decent job as I was sent to a workshop hosted by Brescia College. Most of my works from .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..