The distance between us...

The distance between us...

A Poem by Jamestown
"

Spiritual and uplifting...

"
In the distance, I see your shadow, so unique and definitely one of a kind.
From a distance, I hear your voice, so sweet I can almost taste it.
From a distance, I can feel your love beaming rays of warmth, as if you are one with the sun.
From a distance, I take in the wonderful aroma of you, that fills my nose.
From a distance, I yell at the top of my lungs in all directions, longing for a reply.
From a distance, I wait patient and with a humble heart.
In the distance, l view the marshmallow clouds come over the mountains and with them they bring a slight chill and drizzle.
In the distance, l watch the soft clouds disappear and a full moon takes to the sky.
In the distance, I catch a glimpse of beautiful shooting star.

As I gaze up towards the heavens, I am wondering if you are trying to communicate with me and at that very moment, I realize, you are not distant at all...

The distance between us, is ultimately up to me!

© 2015 Jamestown


Author's Note

Jamestown
All glory belongs to God and the distance between us is ultimately our choice.
Draw near him and he will draw near you, PTL!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love the feeling of frustration and desperation in this line:
'I yell at the top of my lungs in all directions, longing for a reply.'
Then in the end the realisation and acceptance of one's own role and responsibility to be open in order to find what we seek - in this case God!
'The distance between us, is ultimately up to me!'

Beautiful :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jamestown

9 Years Ago

Thanks for checking it out and b-blessed!
I'm going to be shopping for a good read on your si.. read more



Reviews

That was very beautiful work and I do agree, that we are the ones who choose the distance between us and our God. well done :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Jamestown

9 Years Ago

Thanks for checking it out and b-blessed!
a beautiful prayer my friend

Posted 9 Years Ago


Jamestown

9 Years Ago

Thanks for checking it out, b-blessed.
 wordman

9 Years Ago

my pleasure
This was honestly very beautiful. You are right the choice is ours... believing or not believing is ultimately our choice as well but who knows what really lies ahead of us.. This poem was very moving and it can really open peoples minds up to the world and God.. well done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Jamestown

9 Years Ago

Thanks for checking it out, God is and will always get all glory and praise from me, PTL!
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
We humans, usually tend to say that God is not with us at some point when everything is going wrong, but the truth is, he's always there, he's just waiting "In the distance" For us to open the door
Beautiful poem!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Jamestown

9 Years Ago

Thanks for checking it out, b-blessed.
Lizardo

9 Years Ago

You're welcome!
I agree again.
"The distance between us, is ultimately up to me!"
We create separation and barriers. If we led with concern and kindness. Would be a better world.
I like the use of repetition to make your point. Thank you for the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Jamestown

9 Years Ago

No, thank you! I appreciate the kind words, if I can reach one, mission accomplished, thx
ag.. read more
This is a beautiful poem. Since I have had a very uplifting experience recently, the words really speak to me. It truly is up to us to close the space.
Very beautiful, Jamestown!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Perception is in between our ears. Perhaps God is not far off, looking down at us, but within us. Nice job on this.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This piece was utterly beautiful! Everyone has a different take on what faith means or what it is, but we all must have something to believe in. And yes, you're right, the distance is OUR choice, not his or anyone else's. If we wish to be close to Him, we must make an effort in order to prove that. If not, then that's fine also. We all have our own beliefs and perspectives on life and God himself, but true believers in Him will find a way to keep him close.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

These words come from your soul, expressed very well. I love the theme carried throughout. It is nice to be encouraged and reminded we are not alone! Thank you.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is very nice, James. It is really uplifting. I agree that the distance between us and God is up to us. Sometimes we are the ones who keep away from Him.

Please continue spreading light to others.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

715 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 20, 2015
Last Updated on January 20, 2015

Author

Jamestown
Jamestown

Denver, CO



About
Fun, spontaneous, outgoing, God fearing man. Enjoy reading and have a passion to write. PTL. ... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..