The distance between us...

The distance between us...

A Poem by Jamestown
"

Spiritual and uplifting...

"
In the distance, I see your shadow, so unique and definitely one of a kind.
From a distance, I hear your voice, so sweet I can almost taste it.
From a distance, I can feel your love beaming rays of warmth, as if you are one with the sun.
From a distance, I take in the wonderful aroma of you, that fills my nose.
From a distance, I yell at the top of my lungs in all directions, longing for a reply.
From a distance, I wait patient and with a humble heart.
In the distance, l view the marshmallow clouds come over the mountains and with them they bring a slight chill and drizzle.
In the distance, l watch the soft clouds disappear and a full moon takes to the sky.
In the distance, I catch a glimpse of beautiful shooting star.

As I gaze up towards the heavens, I am wondering if you are trying to communicate with me and at that very moment, I realize, you are not distant at all...

The distance between us, is ultimately up to me!

© 2015 Jamestown


Author's Note

Jamestown
All glory belongs to God and the distance between us is ultimately our choice.
Draw near him and he will draw near you, PTL!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love the feeling of frustration and desperation in this line:
'I yell at the top of my lungs in all directions, longing for a reply.'
Then in the end the realisation and acceptance of one's own role and responsibility to be open in order to find what we seek - in this case God!
'The distance between us, is ultimately up to me!'

Beautiful :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jamestown

9 Years Ago

Thanks for checking it out and b-blessed!
I'm going to be shopping for a good read on your si.. read more



Reviews

Why do we want to distance ourselves from the only chance we have at true living?I find I am closest to God while in nature and am given words to write from him for I'm GED educated only,good poem keep it up

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thank you for the feed back, I always take into consideration anything any person giving helpful advice can give me.
God bless you and PTL!

Posted 9 Years Ago


I enjoyed this message and the meaning behind the words here.. It is positive and uplifting.. I also enjoyed the imagery and the way you included the senses in this spiritual experience.. well done...

one a side note, and just my opinion, but would probably restructure a little to cut out some of the repetition.. having said that I do like some of it..

Posted 9 Years Ago



3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

715 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 20, 2015
Last Updated on January 20, 2015

Author

Jamestown
Jamestown

Denver, CO



About
Fun, spontaneous, outgoing, God fearing man. Enjoy reading and have a passion to write. PTL. ... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mirrored Moon Mirrored Moon

A Poem by ANTO