Home.

Home.

A Story by JaneFoxscale
"

My one longing every year

"
The sweet smell of stink weed fills the car, and a feeling of only happy memories fills my chest. My family keeps their silence, no words need be said. We all know what we feel. The winding mountain road leads us somewhere grand, and then the urge overtakes me. I throw my head out the window to emerse myself in creation.
...
The old family cabin sits in a seat of foliage, patient and warm. I leap out of the metal cage and twirl in the dirt. I race up the stairs at last and swing open the old door. My brother close behind, my sister even more. A smell so known to me makes me want to cry. It's all as I remember, from the days I first spent here to the last. And that smell, that deep, rich smell. The sight of every summer birthday, the memory of the cold floor in the mornings. The sound of my sister shriek of pure joy, my brothers of relief. This is love.
After checking to see if every speck of dust is accounted for I race outside again. My cousin knows my thoughts, so she too grabs a jacket and joins me. I look to my left and see the surrounding mountains, some of which we've climbed. A fire is already set in the middle of the animal rich field. But now, no more waiting, there is something I must see. I pass the small lake, carefully watch my step on the old bridge, and climb into the forest, a fool to those who do not know. A small climb only and then reward is mine to keep. I stand above the hidden lake, my cousin stands beside me. We glance at each other, then share a sweet hug. The ClairJud remains regal and perfect. Nothing has changed.

© 2016 JaneFoxscale


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aww what a lovley and pure memory your are so lucky to have such a family...I wish I had a cabin in theountain side the only mountains we have here are sky scrappers.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
1 Review
Added on January 3, 2016
Last Updated on January 6, 2016