A Surprisingly Thoughtful Story

A Surprisingly Thoughtful Story

A Story by JaneFoxscale
"

I wrote this as extra credit, and found myself actually writing something containing a message!

"
Edwin had never quite accepted his mind numbingly boring life. Sure altogether he could be perceived as worthy of envy, but truely, there isn't anything worth doing in such a carefree existence.
The youth set out to lie in the cool shade of his dearest oak tree. Many days did he spend sprawled beneath its hearty branches. Today a number of leaves acted as a seat, and beside him lay a stick perfect for an "arrow". Though he knew no doe would fall by this sad weapon, he also knew that there was no point in hunting for the meat; at least not for himself.
After all, why should he have to work while his parents were of such quality? Content that in his position he would never have to burden himself with any such troubles, Edwin continued with his wishful fantasies of adventure and glory.

© 2016 JaneFoxscale


Author's Note

JaneFoxscale
Hit me with your best shot! ( dun dun dun ) Fire away with those wonderful opinions lads and lasses.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your childlike point of view is spot-on, a little playful & a little sarcastic. Nice use of details to show us who this character Edwin is & what he's about. (SHOW, rather than TELL -- the sign of good writing!) You have an original way of viewing the world, which comes thru in your descriptions. I hope you will grace us with many more of your little stories.

Posted 8 Years Ago


JaneFoxscale

8 Years Ago

Thank you kindly:)
ooh i love your personality!! and i very much enjoyed this story, its just another kid out there that dosent realise the hard work parents put into giving children the best, live on in your fantasies little Edwin soon you'll have to wake up ( dun dun dun).

Posted 8 Years Ago


Sangeetha

8 Years Ago

I know right am I awesome or what jk jk I really did enjoy it but what I loved the most was your sto.. read more
JaneFoxscale

8 Years Ago

Lol. I tried to work on the next page of that last night, but I'm afraid I can't capture it yet. We'.. read more
Sangeetha

8 Years Ago

Hmmm yes that is too true inspiration never comes when you need it. Just ask me I was an art student.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 16, 2016
Last Updated on April 21, 2016