Estranged

Estranged

A Story by Venus At Far

How could she tell me I am a liar? How could she tell everybody I was not left behind? How could she when she told me I was her best friend? How could she lied to me all those times? How could she be able to look at me with disgust when I am in the corner licking my wounds and tell me it was all self inflicted? How could she go on happy? Why does it hurt so much? I am not wallowing in self pity but I am embracing my pain. It hurts this much because you are the friend I loved most and when it does not hurt anymore...that's when I'll realize you are a part of my journey. A thing of the past. That's where you'll exist. I'll be able to look straight into your eyes but not with those loving eyes anymore. I will be able to pass by you without that feeling that I think I can cry anytime. You will no longer have the reign over me. You were beside me because I have put you there. I have tied a string from my heart to yours. And I won't have to feel the pain like it is being pulled whenever I see you. Because I am able to forgive you.
Then everyone will ask. How could you throw it all away? Then I would say, you do not throw something precious away. Then what happened? Maybe it wasn't precious at all.

© 2015 Venus At Far


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on November 5, 2015
Last Updated on November 5, 2015

Author

Venus At Far
Venus At Far

manila, National Capital Region, Philippines



About
I've loved literature ever since I was a kid. It was a solace then. My childhood was spent mostly of playing, reading and reflecting after. Reading gladdens my soul. It is like I find a friend when re.. more..

Writing
Broken Broken

A Poem by Venus At Far