One Cut, That Was All It Took

One Cut, That Was All It Took

A Poem by ..R.I.P..
"

I'm glad to say that I am mostly free of this now, just wanted to bring one of my more powerful pieces back.

"

"One time." that's all I thought,

"Once won't cause any trouble."

I was dead wrong!

One cut, that was all it took.

One turned into two,

Two turned into three,

And three turned into too many.

Once can make you addicted.

Once started the urge to keep going,

To keep the blood flowing down my arm.

One cut, that was all it took.

© 2012 ..R.I.P..


Author's Note

..R.I.P..
Tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It's interesting that you see it as an addiction man. I'm a manic depressive, which you might have guessed from the poem you kindly reviewed, and I used to cut myself. I always saw it as a kind-of route to an ultimate suicide. A test to see whether or not you're capable of desecrating your own body in an attempt to drown out feelings of despair and isolation.

This poem has given me a new vantage point; the idea that self harm can become the main focus of a depressive mood, the idea that it could take over a life. I get the sense that maybe you could compare how people see self harm with how people see, say, alcoholism or heroin addiction. Nice new views here.

Posted 14 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I understand all too well what that feels like. You did wonderfully, putting it together like this. Great write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I want my review to be about the piece, but......I hope that your piece is just one step towards putting an end to your addiction. Not trying to be a shrink, just felt like I had to say it.

The piece: Awesome, gritty, real. I have battled addiction and what you had to say rang true to me. GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is very powerful...sometimes only one time doing something can get you addicted but sometimes it is best to try and stop...even though it would be hard.
Great Job

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very powerfull stuff. Everyone has a jones of some kind or the other,but yours is a bad one. Its your body if you want to cut it up you can. I just think it's sad when someone as cool as you needs that. A very honest and brave poem,great job now stop doing that.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WOW I know exactly what you mean I don't do that anymore but I keep my blade just in case I have an urgency and i know this is kinda creepy but I love the taste of my blood

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

wow......i dnt like that.....the fact tht ur addicted to tht

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

damn....cuts on yo arm, and these words here, can make anyone feel the pain you are going thru...both mentally and physically..powerful write!

love,
poetic soul

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

937 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 5, 2009
Last Updated on May 28, 2012

Author

..R.I.P..
..R.I.P..

In my own little world, AR



About
I have another account on here. I had lost my login stuff for this one and had set up a new one. Then found the stuff to this one. Anyways..follow me on Tumblr! I keep all my new poems on there! I'll .. more..

Writing
I'm Alive I'm Alive

A Poem by ..R.I.P..