The Treasure of Life!

The Treasure of Life!

A Story by JasKunwar Singh
"

Its a story of a poor little boy who craves for books.. the real treasure of life and his dream :)

"
Brian was a poor boy. Born to a family of laborers, he also worked all day to help his parents earn some money. Wearing a half-torn white-turned-black tee and a faded brownish black shorts, an 8-year old roamed here and there on roads while holding some beautiful soft toys for being sold to the so-called 'high class' passers-by. Little did he know why was he doing all that. He was just told that he has to give the toys to some people and in return, he would get something called 'money'. 

Then one day, he saw other boys of his age, carrying bags full of books and going to school. Fully energized, cheerful and having fun, they went on to their place. Brian just saw them going. At that moment he decided to change his life. For the better. :)

He left everything there and searched for a book store. A few minutes passed, and then a few hours but he couldn't find any. He knew nothing about shops, places, or any people around. He had come a long distance from his home. He felt suffocated at the new place. It was getting dark. The sun was getting closer to the horizon. The street lights made some glow to the dusty roads. He felt helpless. He slept on the footpath, feeling tired. No one noticed him.

It was 8 in the morning. Seeing the poor boy still there on the footpath and crying, an old man came up to him. He couldn't respond to any of his questions. The old man gave him some food to eat, then took him to his house. There the little boy saw shelves of books. Just what he was finding since so long. He got very happy and went on towards the books and picked up one. The old man felt his curiosity to study. He asked the boy if he goes to school. 

Listening to his story, he decided to help the little boy and got him admitted to a good reputed school. He gave him all he could. Books, clothes, food, shelter, work so that he could help his family. And so now the little boy was not poor any more. He got rich. He got his weapon to fulfill his dreams. "The Books" :)

© 2016 JasKunwar Singh


Author's Note

JasKunwar Singh
My first writing. Please give your reviews. thanks :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on August 3, 2016
Last Updated on August 3, 2016
Tags: Life, Education, Humanity