Sanctuary

Sanctuary

A Story by Jayemze
"

And I will always remember that gloomy, depressing yet beautiful afternoon. First piece of work. Inspiration - Just Be Friends (

"

Sanctuary

You brought me out here, on this cold rainy afternoon where the sun is covered by the grey clouds and the sound of raindrops echo in my ears. We walked for a little while longer where we sat in on a small bench with a small roof above us. It took a second but I realized something. At first I couldn’t make out what it was being a faint memory at the back of my mind. But somehow I knew it was a special one. Then it hit me! Shocked, I said “Hey! Don’t you reme-” I stopped in the middle of my speech only to see the only girl I’ve ever loved crying in front of me.


 “What’s wrong?” I panicked. My arms rose and gently put my hands on her shoulders. As her tears flow down her cheek she sobs quietly, the sound of the rain dies down and my heartbeat gets louder as it increases with each thump. “I’m leaving soon” she says in a soft voice. “I know you are. Don’t be sad though. This is all part of life, just another step we have to take” She nods to me trying to hold in her tears. I bring her closer to me and wrap my arms around her, embracing her. I can feel the warmth of her body being pressed against mine. Although she’s leaving soon I can’t help to feel such a wonderful sensation whenever I embrace her.  Truly, its times like these where I feel the most connected to her. I feel as if I can hear her thoughts inside her head as her heart beats in sync with mine.


“I love you” I told her. Without realizing tears are flowing down my cheek. Then it hit me. What am I talking about…it’s just another step? Don’t be sad though? Hell I’m the one crying here and I’m telling her that everything is okay. I hold her more tightly as if no force in the world can separate us. Then I let go. I look into her eyes and she looks back into mine. “Yea...it’s just another step you’re right. I can do-” the soft feeling of her warm lips are to die for, I couldn’t hold it in anymore I just had to. I silenced her with a kiss. I pulled back a little and apologized. “For what?” she said. “For saying how you leaving is normal…I shouldn’t have said that” I lower my head in shame and embarrassment. She places her warm hands on my face and lifts it up as she smiles slightly with tears of both happiness and sadness in her eyes. “Good, I thought you were going to say sorry for kissing me, you idiot.” I smiled at her and embraced her once more. I closed my eyes this time, I want to savour this moment for my entire life. At that moment I wished for time to stop, just for this one moment.


“I love you soo much I can’t describe it” she said. “You have no idea…every time I see you a smile goes across my face. My day gets better and I feel as if everything else holds no importance. Time seems to fly when I’m with you but I die waiting to be with you. It’s been hard for me these days to hug you tighter and kiss you more for longer. I still see you as the shy, gentle and fragile girl as you were when I first met you, I don’t know what I would do witho-” the hot feeling of a teardrop is rubbed against my chest. “Thank you so much, you are the reason why I am alive today. Thank you for saving me when I thought all hope was lost in my life.” She says gently. I smile for one last time and close my eyes. Moments later when I open them I’m standing alone. I reach into my pocket and pull out a picture of us. Tears form in my eyes. I was brought back to reality. I looked around and sighed. This is the same place where we had that talk, 10 years ago. This is the same place where I first met her. This is the same place where she called it ‘Sanctuary’. This is the same place where I last saw her before she died.

             

JCB

© 2014 Jayemze


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Jayemze
Please read while listening to the song (getcha in the mood)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on August 15, 2014
Last Updated on August 15, 2014
Tags: Romance, love, tragedy, goodbye, first, piece, work, rain, thunder, gloomy, bench

Author

Jayemze
Jayemze

Toronto, Canada



Writing
Midnight Midnight

A Story by Jayemze