Midnight

Midnight

A Story by Jayemze
"

A cold night spent with warm eyes. Second work Inspiration - Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun OST (

"

Midnight

He sat beside her on that cold night. The one night where she thought her world would collapse he held it up for her. He gently placed his hand on top of hers, intertwining their fingers. She could feel her heart being grasped by the warmth he provides. “Stop…” she said, trying to escape his fingers. He quickly grabbed her hand and held it with both of his. “Never” he replied. “Why do you do this to me?” she starts to tear up. “Why do you always comeback when I need you the most but disappear at all other times?” she can’t hold them in anymore. 


“I’m sorry, my schedule cannot be changed” He said.

He pulled me off of the bench and into his arms “I know times are hard for you and I’m sorry I can’t always be there” pulling me in closer to him. “I hate you…you’re so stupid” I whisper in his coat as hot tears run down my cheek. “Are you crying? AHAHAHA. Don’t cry for me. I’m not worth your tears”. I pull back and look into his eyes only to see tears forming in his as well. He breaks a small smile and hides it by turning away. My walls are torn down by his smile and the sharp yet soft look in his eyes pierce my heart leaving my utterly defenceless around him.


The smell of her hair is unbelievably refreshing. The sight of her leaves me breathless and unable to think properly. Her happiness is my world. I would die for her. “I have to leave soon, I’m limited on time with you tonight” I speak with regret in my voice. I’m scared. I’m scared of leaving her alone again. I understand the fear and frustration she goes through when I’m not there because I feel the same when I am without her. We are parallel to each other. Always side by side but never touch. I stare into her eyes for one last time, oh boy how I could lose myself in them.


“When will you come back?” she asks him holding his hands. “I don’t know yet, I guess whenever the time comes” he lowers his head. “What about a visit?” she blushes slightly. He smiles and looks at her “You know I can’t do that, it’s forbidden” he says. “Close your eyes for me” she closes her eyes softly. Leaning over, he places a kiss on her forehead “You’re beautiful” embracing her as snow starts to descend from the sky. “Don’t leave me…” she says trying to enjoy their final moment together. “I won’t” he whispers back.


“When I was little I wished that someone would look over me and love me forever, are you that person?”


“I don’t know, but I want to say yes”


“Then say ye-“


“I love you”


Nothing but warmth filled her from head to toe, the sound of three words made her melt.


“It’s almost midnight; I have to go now…Happy Birthday, my dearest.”


And like that he vanished.


Once every year he comes to visit her, once a year he gives her what she needs, once a year she sees her guardian angel. 


JCB

© 2014 Jayemze


Author's Note

Jayemze
Second piece of work I have saved on my laptop. All advice is welcomed just don't bash a newcomer lol

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice story, it has a good way of showing emotions.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jayemze

9 Years Ago

Thank you :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 15, 2014
Last Updated on August 15, 2014
Tags: Romance, love, supernatural, open ending, snowy, snow, cold, bench, park, light, once a year

Author

Jayemze
Jayemze

Toronto, Canada



Writing
Sanctuary Sanctuary

A Story by Jayemze