Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jessica Danielle

 

Avalon Évariste, I distantly heard my name being called.
I had barely slept last night due to my brother's stereo blaring as he had his latest escapade with his girlfriend. If only my mother had been home, then I wouldn't of had to endure the torture. So I just wasn't up to facing Mr. Marchant.
Avalon Évariste, I heard my name being called agian.
Yes, Jamar? I answered sleepily, as I slowly lifted my head up.
That's Mr. Marchant, he corrected me.
Sorry, sometimes I forgot that we were in school and I had to call him that, for he also happened to be my moms best friend.
Are you ready to present your finished product?
Yes sir.
He waited for a moment staring at me from behind his desk. He didn't really look like school teacher material, but more of like he belonged on center stage in a rock band from the 80's. Getting the hint, I picked up my paper labeled Poetry 101 and I headed to the front of the class.
Standing in the front of the class, I looked at Mr. Marchant, with a nod of approval, I cleared my throat and started reading my poem.
 

 
Slowly, she walks.
Geisha girl.
Her lover gone.
He left her behind.
Now all she has Proxy-ConProxy-Connection: keep-alive Cache-Control: max-age=0 ction: keep-alive Cache-Control: max-age=0 her box of memories.
Geisha girl.
Where has he gone, she asks herself.
She doesn't know he's left her, for another.
Another lover.
Geisha girl.
Oh, dear lover, she cries.
Oh where have you gone.
She stands at the waters edge.
And there, she will stay forever.
Geisha girl.
Always holding that box of memories.
Waiting, forever, for her lover.
Geisha girl.
 
I lower my head, then everyone starts to clap. It wasn't a poem I would usually write, but it had to be appropriate for class so, it's what I wrote.
Thank you Avalon, now if you could just hand in your paper and take a seat, Mr. Marchant says to me.
I walk to his desk, hand him the paper, walk back to my seat, and sit down. Only twelve more poems to listen to.
To take myself out of the misery of listening to everyone else, sleep took me and I slept until the bell rang for Advanced Art.
Slowly, I dragged myself out my desk andout the door. As soon as I was out the door I shot to my locker, dumped all my books off and grabbed my sketchbook.
Then, I ran to the vending machines, and grabbed a Ramune and some apple chips. After opening my soda and chips I ran to class. I got in the door just as the bell rang. I quietly slipped into my seat, opened up my sketchbook and drawing pencils and started to work on a sketch and snacking on my soda and chips.
Ms. Romavida walked into the classroom, with her queenly walk like always. Without waiting for us to be silent she announced that we would be work on collages today.
Putting away the sketch I was working on, I stood up to go to the front of the class to collect some supplies to work on the assignment.
Just as I took a step away from my seat, the door opened and I suddenly felt all cold. Like my entire body was undergoing a complete brain freeze.
Slowly, I turn my face to the door. And there standing before me is...!!!! Okay, I don't know his name, but he walked into the room.
Ms. Romavida moved from behind her desk and motion the guy to her.
You must be Garth. Ms. Romavida said to him. Welcome to Advanced Art, please, take a seat, anywhere you like.
Garth looks around and his eyes land on me. We stare at eachother for a moment then he starts walking towards me, our gazes still locked. As he takes the seat next to me, Ms. Romavida speaks to the class again.
Class, this is Garth Galos, some of the kids laughed and made a few comments, then went back to their work. I sat back down in my seat, and looked away from Garth. I felt him tare his gaze away from me.
I pulled my sketchbook back out and started working on the picture I was already working on again.
I'm Garth, he said to me.
Avalon, I replied, not looking up.
So, I guess you like to draw.
Yeah.
Ok. What else do you like?
I thought goths hated everyone.
We do, I heard the smile in his voice, but it doesn't mean were complete total a******s all the time.
I laughed and looked at him. He was actually kind of cute, he had auburn hair and auburn eyes. Thanks for the update. I went back to working on my picture.
Do you have a boyfriend?
I stopped dead, and looked up at him. You haven't even known me for five minutes, and your already hitting on me?
He looked at me for a moment before replying, yes, but...um, your actually the first person who's talked to me since I've been here. And...I don't know.
No.
What? He asks, confused.
I don't have a boyfriend.
Oh......good.
I laughed again. I looked up to see a few of the kids around us stareing.
What the hell are you looking at at? I shouted at them.
And you called me goth.
Shut up, I laughed.
He smiled at me and wiggled his eyebrows.
Blushing, I hid my face behind my hair and giggled.
What are you doing tonight Avalon?
Hopefully getting away from my sex craved brother and his s****y mcslut s**t girlfriend.
You know anywhere we could go tonight?
The drive in.
Movies?
Yep.
Alright. It's a date then.
We joked around the rest of the class period, then headed of to seperate classes.
It was time for lunch. I skipped lunch everyday. So today, like every other day, I did again.
Walking out of school, I ran into Garth.
Avalon! He exlaimed.
Hey Garth. I said, looking around quickly, making sure no teachers were around.
Skipping? He asked, amusment in his voice.
Maybe. . . I smiled thoughtfully, what are you doing the rest of the day?
Nothing until tonight. . .why? You have something in mind?
Something. Come on, follow me.
Walking out of the school, I constantly looked around to make sure there were no teachers looking our way. After sneeking of campus, I dragged Garth down the street to my fave cafe. Every Fridaynight they had poetry readings here, and this was usually where you caould find then. I took my usual seat near the back of the cafe in my dark little seclude corner, Garth at my side. It was quite unusual for me to have anybody with me, seeing how I had no friends around here.
Frances came over to ask what we wanted then went back with our order.
So, what else do you like to do? Garth asked me.
I like writing.
Really?
Yes.
I hate writing.
To each their own.
Yeah.
So, we've only talked about me, how about you.
What about me?
What do you like?
He smiled at me, Star Wars.
Are you serious?
Dead serious.
I hate Star Wars.
And his face just dropped. How ......how could you hate Star Wars? It was George Lucus' greatest creation!
I think I just broke his heart. You're one of those Star Wars freaks, aren't you? I looked him up and down. You don't really fit the bill you know.
I think I could look past your minor flaw. He said seriously.
Oh dear God, I covered my face with my hand, and kept myself from laughing at him. I peeked at him between fingers. He was looking at me, blushing. Removing my hands from my face, I looked at him, curiously. What?
I know we just met and everything, but I really, really, really want to go out with you.
It took me a few moments to reply, o...ok.
Really? He sounded dumbfounded.
Why the Hell not? I said happily.
Ok. He smiled at me.
We were silent until Frances came back with our order and left again.
Could you explain something to me Garth?
He looked up at me as he took a sip of his drink. Sure, what?
What are you?
Goth. He smiled at me.
I gave him a serious look.
He set his cup down and looked back into my eyes.
What do you know Avalon?
I know that I'm diffrent, and that you are too.
He sat back in his chair and sighed.
So? I asked.
I think we should go somewhere a bit more private.
I looked around, there was only a few other people in the cafe.
More alone.
I think this is fine.
Ok. He leaned forward and moved his chair closer to mine.

 

 
 

 



© 2009 Jessica Danielle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked ths even though i'm not the age group its intended for. I like the star wars geek rerences. I liek her voice. Its a very personal kinda of style. You feel very intamate with the main character. Very much liking it so far.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Yes this was very good, enjoyable to put it mildly. Theres a few grammar and spelling mistakes but it was very good other wise.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 20, 2009
Last Updated on June 21, 2009


Author

Jessica Danielle
Jessica Danielle

Land O Lakes, FL



About
3 oh 3 - follow me down mp3s Free MP3 Downloads Credit for graphic goes to prospero @TDA more..

Writing