Beautiful

Beautiful

A Poem by Robert Luna
"

One of my older pieces but I still love it. I hope you enjoy

"
Don�t you wish you were beautiful like me        No I am happy being beautiful like me
And all things I could be                        Broken apart and unable to sleep
Everything I can do                                 Waiting on your world to come unglued
Even being rude                                        Am I being lewd...        
And the places I get to see                        Watching you fall on bended knee
It all comes to me free                                As you get called out for all your deceit

Don�t you wish you were beautiful like me        No I am happy being beautiful like me
Being the one everyone wants to meet                Twisted and incomplete
Knowing every eye is upon you                        Wondering how you sleep
As you just walk on threw                        When your lies run so deep
Life looking like me                                 Knowing you�re more like me
And being so carefree                                And less like you

Don�t you wish you were beautiful like me        No you wish to be beautiful like me

© 2008 Robert Luna


Author's Note

Robert Luna
This is written so it can be read as 3 different poems. I hope you enjoy

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I remember this one, it is a favorite piece. I live the dynamic layers and multiple ways to offer different takes on how we can view ourselves vs how others might view us. I think it is one of thee most creative things you've written, at least of the ones I have had the pleasure of reading. It is fun, enjoyable, creative and still stunning.


Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is a very interesting piece, raising a lot of questions, and also of unusual format. Additionally the rhythm works very well, whichever way you read it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love it..lol i love the look of it..i love that it has a great message to it..and that it has different characters talking..it makes it a great read and interesting..and like you said it can very well be 3 different poems..and i love that..its creative and full of thoughtful words..i am intrigued and inspired..i am glad that you read my poem and decided to post this link to this one because i am very glad that i read it..i enjoyed your words..
Well From One Word-Play Poet To The Next...Always Remember To Write With Your Heart!

s~Shanty~s

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

An intriquing format - very compelling as are the words...these are thoughts that I believe many can relate to - that is always a wonderful thing to be able to grasp your readers understanding - you are a master at that. Thank you. Great write.
Light,
Siddartha


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This has got to be one of the most creative formats I've come across here.....that three poems can make one, or the one poem can be broken in thirds and they all stand on their own equally as well. I'm curious as to how you originally wrote it, ie: which came first, the one or the three?

As far as the content, I got the sense that I was not only listening to an egomaniac do what they do best, but I got an inside glimpse at the insecure part of their psyche that is actually the driving force behind their personality to begin with. A brilliant write!



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
<3
I love this and how it takes the different views, whether internal or external, between different people. I love the way they blend together yet the different parts still stand out.

Be-a-u-tiful! :]

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Excellent work and so very creative. I really like these lines, "Broken apart and unable to sleep - Waiting on your world to come unglued - am I being lewd" Thanks for a great read.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Fabulous contrasts!!
The layout is stunning!
How did I miss this?

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

in awe!

The way we look at life determines our attitude, that's how I see this. Though, perhaps it wasn't meant to be read like that?

deception and lies and what we tell ourselves, how we see ourselves, I guess, whether it's truth or not.

Great piece.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is AWESOME!

The way one can turn it around one way or an other, and it looses in none a spark of its beauty.
This is an absolutely amazing experience for me.

Lines filled to their brim with grace, beauty and wisdom ...

To have less ... is to have very often much more ..... of the real thing!

Kudos!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow this is really interesting. The mirrored viewpoints. I really like this.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

476 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 11, 2008
Last Updated on February 11, 2008

Author

Robert Luna
Robert Luna

Somewhere between here and there



About
My name is Robert. I write therefore I feel I am. My words come from my heart, soul, and mind. I write what I feel and see, life is my inspiration. Life itself is art in its purest form. There is noth.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..