Challange #1

Challange #1

A Story by Daxis S. Dundra
"

Victoria Lucarini Vampires versus demons. Each has a strong male leader. Some sort of past or object to fight over. Some form of forbidden love between the clans as well...They each have a body guard

"

A deep smooth voice floated out from black shadows filling half the room “Victor what are you doing here?”

The man named Victor turned, his pupils shrinking into vertical slits.  His body was covered with cuts and burns that if you looked closely where gradually closing up.  His shirt was in taters and seemed like they would fall every time his muscles flexed.  His midnight black hair was in tangles hanging down to the middle of his back.   His jaw like chiseled rock moved back in forth like he had a bad taste in his mouth.  His voice though was like a soft melody “Dealing with a problem High Master Vane.”

                Vane stepped out of the shadows into the moonlight that provided the only light in the abandoned factory.  He was just short of a seventh foot but was wisp thin.  It wasn’t noticeable though because the shadows seemed to come with him as if part of his body dominating any eye that beheld.  His golden eyes swept the area before coming back to rest on a pile of ash.  “Filthy demons.  Monsters creating monsters.  When will they learn?  We are the true blood.  Everything else is but a shadow.”  His eyes went back to Victor, a frown leaving his face “Good work.  Let’s head back to the property.  The sun will be up soon, and you look like you could use some blood.”

                Victor put his left hand on his heart and bowed “I would be honored to accompany you sir.”

                Vane smiled his golden eyes seemed to sparkle.  He stepped closer to Victor his footsteps silent and leaned in whispering in his ear “I sense a ‘but’ there.”

                Victor’s body went tense but he kept his body bowed.  His black hair cloaking his face “Nothing would honor me more High Master.”  A pause “But I did lose a valuable trinket in the fight.”

                Vane straightened up, and his teeth clinked together in annoyance.  “Very well.” He waved his long delicate hand, nails black, gesturing the whole factory “See if you can find your trinket.  After that I would enjoy your company at my table this morning.” Vane turned around and started walking away the shadows enveloping him until he was gone.

                Victor waited like a statue until he was sure that Vane had left.  Almost no one in the blood could detect Vane.  Almost no one.  He breathed out a sigh of relief and straightened his back.  A bitter sweet smile danced on his face and he opened his mouth.  Fangs glistening in the moonlight “It’s all safe no-“ He didn’t finish even finish his sentence before a dark red glimmer flashed from the wall slamming him in the chest.

                A musical high laughter filled the room.  Victor’s breath left him as he hit the ground the laugher’s owner on top of him.  Tanned arms wrapped around him and a smaller form clung tightly to him.

                A true smile tightened Victor’s face his voice pure affection “Nora” His arms circled her body completing the embrace.  Blood red air that was even longer then Victors hang from her head.  Her body was smaller than his yet was toned in a more athletic way.  Where Victor had muscle behind his fist, Nora could flow around it.

Suddenly the spell was broken.  Nora quickly sat up in one motion and glared at Victor her pupils purple rather than black “Why did you have to agree to go with him?” Her lips pursed and her eyebrows scrunched together.

A shadow passed over Victor’s face and he turned it away “Because he is the High Master.  You do not say no to him.”  He slowly looked back at Nora and his right hand found hers and entwined their fingers together.  He brought her hand up and kissed the back of it.  “We were extremely lucky that Bothnor wasn’t with him.  It’s rare to not see him accompanying The High Master.”

Nora still glared at him for a full minute before talking “But it still means you have to leave soon." Her voice was tinged with sadness and longing.  “I don’t want you to leave.”

Victor eyes laughed “Then all you have to do is stop me.”

Nora laughed again at that, the sadness ripped off like a cloak in a strong wind. “Well maybe I will!” She punched his chest in mock humor.

Blood escaped Victor’s lips and he started coughing forcing Nora to stand up as he rolled to the side.  “What’s wrong with you!” her voice was a mix of anger and concern.  “You’re hurt worse then you look.  You need blood.”

“No!” Victor’s voice was hoarse.

Nora kneeled down and brought her knees to her chest looking at Victor.  She met his eyes and could see the suffering in them.  The blood lust from rapid healing was apparent.  His body was still hurt and would stop regenerating soon unless he got more blood.

© 2015 Daxis S. Dundra


Author's Note

Daxis S. Dundra
This is a writing challenge I have started to apply myself to. Someone Gives me a scene and I write it. One page minimum. I hope to improve even if a little through this. I take all requests.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on July 29, 2015
Last Updated on July 29, 2015

Author

Daxis S. Dundra
Daxis S. Dundra

Salt Lake City, UT



About
Overhauling my writing. Wild mage = A child learns how to tame his magic powers before they consume him. Bonded = A action love true love story. I've hit writer's block......Hard for me to transfer.. more..

Writing