I Pity My Eyes

I Pity My Eyes

A Story by JellyBellyLuvz
"

Its a short story about eyes.

"


I slowly close my sleepy eyes. They've been working all day, feeling stressed by anger and wet from my tears. I bet if they could talk, they would be asking for a vacation. They would go home to their wives and take them to the airport. The plane they would board would lead to a place unknown, but better than here. While flying in the plane of hope, they would sleep and enjoy peanuts and probably sip wine since they would get first class. And finally, when they landed, they would kiss their wives so sweet and tenderly that butterflies would flutter in their stomachs.


But that's only if they could talk.

Now, they just suffer in my body. I feel sorry for them. I would let them be free if I could, but a girl with empty eye sockets is frowned upon in our society, not to mention very unhealthy. It's a shame really. I wonder if eyes had eyes, would they cry too? I'm pretty sure mine would.

The poor things see too much. At day, they see what I have to live through, and at night they see what I really want to live through. They're probably confused and can't decide which one is reality and which one's not. They're brains are probably racing, trying to keep up with my ever changing moods and the people who cause them. The poor things probably have to work overtime just get everything back to normal. That's why they're red all time, since the didn't get the whole eight hours of sleep required. Instead, I bet they only get five every night. Such a pity.

They suffer so much, yet you would think they would be the strongest thing in your body.
 Funny though they aren't. They're surrounded by the thinnest layer of skin and protected only by little hairs that fall out all of the time. It's amazing how they survive.

So I stand up and applaud my eyes, for being there, even though I'm pretty sure they don't want to. For working their asses off to keep up with me, and for letting me see everything.
I applaud them for keeping me awake, even if they were tired as hell. I applaud them for letting me enjoy them, since some cannot.

But, to me, my applause is not enough. Sadly, it's all I can give. Poor things. Only get applause for their hard work.

It's such a pity.





© 2011 JellyBellyLuvz


Author's Note

JellyBellyLuvz
I just randomly wrote this. I hope you like it :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sublime. I had a lot of fun reading it. It's amusing and filled with a sense of reality at the same time. Poor old eyes eh. Thumbs up!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 25, 2011
Last Updated on September 25, 2011
Tags: eyes

Author

JellyBellyLuvz
JellyBellyLuvz

Around Houston, TX



About
I'm not a professional writer. I just write whatever I randomly feel like writing, and I promise you they won't be perfect. Some stories or poems might be based of my real life, while others will just.. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5