The Shadow On My Shoulder
There is an angel who sits upon my shoulder who goes by the name of Death...
Chapter One ~ The Necklace

Chapter One ~ The Necklace

A Chapter by JellyBellyLuvz

 Chapter One ~ The Necklace

   The black cloth waved in the wind, wrapping across Vae's face. Her long hair waved with it, making a dark black flag. She ignored it's fabric whipping across her face and continued to stare out onto the land, pondering about what to do with the necklace that she clasped tightly in her fragile hands. The necklace was a gift from the richest man of her village. It was a gift she wished she wasn't forced to except. It represented his love and proposal for marriage. It represented something she didn't want. 

   Her grasp loosened from the necklace. She slowly lifted her arm into the air, letting her grip relax even more. Her ring finger was the only thing that kept it from falling to the sharp rocks below. The chain of the necklace was wrapped around it, as if it was holding on for dear life. It's pendant dangled loosely and the stone within it gave off a low shine that gave no interest to Vae. What irony, she thought as she stared at the chain wrapped around her ring finger. Even it proposes marriage. But Vae showed no care and slid the chain off her finger by a simple twitch of her hand. She hung her head low and watched it plummet to the earth below. A grin then took over her face.

  She wrapped the black cloth around her nose and lips in a more secure manner and began to descend down the cliff. She made her way to the village and finally reached it at the break of dawn. The people of the village were still in slumber and would not wake until an hour or two. It was a perfect chance for Vae to slip back into her house without being seen. She wanted no one, not even her younger sister and especially her mother, to know of the incident from that morning. It was her own secret and would be until the day the man would come back. And when that happens, she will be long gone. 

   Vae climbed into her wooden bed and hid under the quilt. She began to drift asleep in the safety and warmth of the bed. She had a rough night, and it was now time to reward herself. Soon she was snoring and everything around her was peaceful. Vae's night journey had now ended, but Vae's true excursion had just began. 


© 2012 JellyBellyLuvz


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on May 25, 2012
Last Updated on June 11, 2012


Author

JellyBellyLuvz
JellyBellyLuvz

Around Houston, TX



About
I'm not a professional writer. I just write whatever I randomly feel like writing, and I promise you they won't be perfect. Some stories or poems might be based of my real life, while others will just.. more..

Writing