Tormentors

Tormentors

A Story by Kat
"

Bestfriends...more like tormentors.

"

          I had only been friends with Annie and Charlotte for a year when I started to get pushed around and teased by them. We were the best of friends, the Three Musketeers. Nothing could separate us. We wrote notes and giggled in classes while our teacher was busy talking. We would talk about all the people that bothered us and how we all had to stick together when high school came.

          I didn't think much of the way we acted. We always stuck together. We would make small jabs at each other all the time. However, the ones they tended to make towards me were the worst, they would poke at things that bothered me and that I couldn't always change. Like, they made fun of my OCD moments, or my being so shy. They would also constantly bring up the fact that I never showed up to school, which was because I had such bad anxiety, and they knew that.

          I figured that when high school came we would stick together, just like we'd always said, only, it felt like they were getting closer and I was being pushed to the side. As they got closer, they started teasing me more and more. They would make up days like "International punch Kristy day" meaning they and anyone else who they brought in would hit me. Never very hard, and it was supposed to be a joke. I always just laughed it off, acting as if it didn't bother me, when inside I felt like I was dying slowly. My best friends were the biggest tormentors. I never really had enough courage to stand up to them or walk away, because I didn't really have any other friends.

          Over the years, I have stayed best friends with Annie. She and I separated after grade nine but found our way back to being friends in grade eleven when we both needed someone. We are closer than ever, and though we do tease each other, it's never over anything too personal. We have spoken of our past, and both agreed that we should have never been hurtful to one another as we had been before.

© 2015 Kat


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on June 30, 2015
Last Updated on June 30, 2015
Tags: bestfriends, bullying

Author

Kat
Kat

Canada



About
I'm 19, love reading and writing. I have had writers block for so long and just recently was able to write new pieces of work. I'm Canadian and super into sports! more..

Writing
Dear Bully Dear Bully

A Story by Kat


How Can I? How Can I?

A Poem by Kat