Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Secretive_Jaynlyn

Mutation: An alternation or change, as in nature, form, or quality. This is what makes me a mutant. I'm not like everyone else, I am unique. At least that's one way of putting it. Everyone sees a normal, average, teenage girl. But that's on the outside, not the inside. I don't know how I came to be who I am now, but well I really don't care. That's why...

"Jenelle what on earth are you doing upstairs? What are you doing that is making such a ruckus?"

This is why I have decided to leave my family; they treat me as an outcast. Even though that's what I am, but still you'd think your own mother would understand. When I first discovered I couldn't be hurt, my mother was terrified. She thought she was dreaming, so that's what I let her believe. I never spoke of it to her again or to anyone matter of fact. So I'm leaving everything I have behind, and I'm not coming back. 

My mom starts coming up the stairs and flings open my door. She stops and stares at me like I have three heads, and then takes a look at my bags that are on my bed. It looks like she's about to cry, but she managed to say, "Where do you think you're going?" 

I looked at her and just stared. I looked away from her teary gaze and spoke to her like she wasn't there. "I'm leaving and I'm not coming back."

She had this look on her face like I slapped her. What did she expect I was doing? Sleeping at a friends house for the rest of my life? "But why? Why are you leaving? You're my daughter! I don't care if you're different. Your mine..." She started sobbing. 

My jaw dropped, she did know I was different. This slightly angered me, "If you knew I was different, why didn't you talk to me? Why did you make me believe I was all alone and that I had to hide it from everyone! I could have left a long time ago. WHY!?" I was really getting pissed. She hurt me so bad, more than she ever has. Then a thought occurred to me, "You knew I was different didn't you?"

She stopped and looked at me, "Yes I did. But I was hoping it was all a lie, I was hoping no this couldn't happen to my little girl!" 

"Well it did, and you were just hoping that I'd be like you and not some freak. Well look at me! I am like you, I'm just slightly different. But you think of me as some kind of monster. This is why I've decided to leave. There's somewhere I can go and that's where I'm going. You cannot and will not stop me; if you do you'll just end up getting yourself hurt. Maybe even killed, so goodbye mother." I grabbed my things and walked out of my door. Meaning I just walked out of my old life and into my new one. 

She grabbed my wrist and made me look directly at her. "I know you must leave, I know I have been an awful mother. But you're still my daughter, I am not letting you walk completely out of my life. I knew this day would come, but I do want to hear from you every now and then. And honey, I love you." 

She pulled me into a hug and that's when I started crying. I stayed there in my mothers arms for what seemed like forever. Then I realized I wasn't in get arms anymore. I was seeing through someone else's eyes! They were my mothers. She was sobbing; they weren't tears of joy either. She was holding someone, a baby... That someone had to be me. There was a man in front of her, he was talking to her. He started to say something and then he just stopped and looked at my mother. "This child right here is the.... on the entire planet and one day I'm going to... you. There will be..... can do to... me!" 

Everything was a blur when I came to; at least that's what I thought I did. My head was pounding, my vision was blurred, and I was gasping for air. Then it all just stopped, all the pain was lifted from my body. The air around me grew thin and very cold. I can't move... my muscles... they won't obey me; it's like something is commanding them. So I just sat there, trying not to panic more than I already was. I was fine, until heard the echoing of footsteps. Knowing that whoever it is was the one doing this to me. 

I lay there motionlessly, trying not to make much of a sound, as if it would help. My hearts racing, my body's aching, my eyes are tearing and my blood is fiercely pounding through my veins with fear. 

"You're not struggling." 

That voice triggered something inside of me; the voice had some familiarity to it. But yet, it still struck fear throughout my body. 

"I know you have a voice. Why aren't you using it?"

I sat there for a second, trying to pick my words carefully. "Why should I speak to a voice that is unknown to me? A voice I can't even see the face it belongs to. Or to know why I am even here in the first place or not being able to move; that is why I shall not use my voice." 

"So you do not remember me then? Nothing about this seems familiar to you?"

I hesitated, "No. Nothing at all seems memorable to me." 

There was a silence and then I felt a touch across the palm of my hand. My whole body went numb; it felt sickening because the touch seemed so familiar. 

"What is wrong? I can sense the tension in your muscles. You really don't remember me then. Really is such a shame, since now that you will have to remember me this way." 

"Whaaa..." I screamed in agony, my entire body felt as if it was now engulfed in flames. I'm going to die. I can't move and soon enough I won't be able to breathe. My life flashes before my eyes. Then I realized what I was seeing; images that I don't remember. Or they could very well be memories. I keep seeing a face over and over; his face to be exact. But who is he? Then it hit me, my heart sunk. I knew exactly who it was. I pushed the thought out of my mind. 

I opened my eyes one last time and then everything just stopped. The burning, screaming, aching; it all just stopped. I sat up and realized my wrist felt weird. There was a bit of numbness and a touch of a warmth. I looked down and saw a small heart on the middle of my wrist.


© 2013 Secretive_Jaynlyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on July 4, 2013
Last Updated on July 4, 2013


Author

Secretive_Jaynlyn
Secretive_Jaynlyn

Independence, KY



About
I would like to be a writer one day, and I just need a way to express what I write. So I'm hoping that I'll be able to get some feedback so I can improve myself. There's nothing wrong with a little l.. more..

Writing