Piqued Curiosity

Piqued Curiosity

A Story by Jennifer K
"

A dark mysterious man somehow knows all of Abigail's secrets, even the answers that she may not know herself

"
Emerging from the dark back room, I pulled my sleeves over my wrists and hugged my frail body tight. The living room smelled of cigarette smoke mixed with the sharp aroma of liquor. As the world continued to spin I knew one thing: I had to get out of here before it was too late. Pushing past people I didn't know or didn't care about, I finally could see the rectangular shape of the red front door. Just as I was about to reach it, a warm hand pulled on my wrist making me screech in pain from the wounds already present. "Hey there. Where are you going? The party just started," said a voice with a thick accent. I turned to face him but was assaulted by a thick cloud of gray smoke emerging from his slightly parted lips. I cowered back and the boy snickered, "Don't worry. I won't bite, unless you want me too." His slightly tousled black hair looked natural except for that small blonde streak in the front. His eyes sparkled and I could see his muscles and broad chest protruding from his tight black shirt. "I-I," I stuttered as my brain was scattered with thoughts of what I was trying to do. "I need to get out of here," I whispered almost inaudibly as I tried to push past the boy. I could tell he heard me but he made no effort in moving out of my way as I tried in vain to shove past him. He grabbed my wrist again and asked a simple question with a complicated answer unknown to every member of the world except for me, "Why?" I squealed and he smirked at me, seeming to like when he was in control of the situation. He smiled a devilish smile as he quickly pulled up my sleeve and revealed the small trickle of blood coming from my newly opened wounds. For a moment, his face showed remorse but it quickly changed to a look of superiority, "I was there once Abigail and trust me when I say this: its a hard place to escape from once you get too deep." And with that, the boy was gone leaving a small trail of smoke and my curiosity piqued. 

© 2014 Jennifer K


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on February 13, 2014
Last Updated on February 13, 2014